Chapter 15: Forgiveness & New Songs

21st April 2018

"i just want to start off by saying i'm so fucking sorry and i'm thankful you're hearing me out." zayn sighed as we was sat together in my dressing room.
just us two.
i nodded slowly looking into his gorgeous eyes.

"i know this is my fault, but, i'm not taking all the blame." he shook his head and sighed "but i know that if i didn't approach chris like that this wouldn't of happened." he stated and i nodded
"and i appreciate that chris didn't wanna fight with me. and he was trying to shrug it off until i stepped over the line, and that's what made him react. i'm aware of that." he nodded, and i inwardly smiled. i'm glad he's owning up to being a dick.

"and i know i shouldn't of hit him. that was a dick move from me, especially because he's your bestfriend." his eyes lowered to his hands. he was fondling his bracelet on his wrist.
"i know it's none of my business anymore, but are you actually sleeping with him?" he questioned me and i sighed. "was you two involved when me and you were together?"

i owe him and explanation.

"no. absolutely not." i shook my head.
"that night i slept with him was the first time i had slept with him." i say honestly

"in the whole time you've known him?" zayn questioned me with raised brows

"yes." i say immediately "i've been best friends with him for... 13 years?? something like that." i say "and that's the first time i've slept with him." i add watching zayn take it in
"no other sort of physical contact??" he asked me and i sighed softly "no, he kissed me last year." i told him honestly and he furrowed

"me and you was on that break, remember when chris and i was in writing camp for Heartbreak On A Full Moon?? well i think he just got a lil in his feelings and he kissed me."

"you kissed back?" he asked me, hoping i didn't but i couldn't tell him that if it wasn't true, and i nodded "yeah, but we was on a break. you said you needed time, and i was heartbroken. chris was heartbroken over karrueche." i say honestly

"but that's how far it went. we forgot about it after that. we got back together and he never questioned anything." i shook my head

"so what happened last week then? why now after 10 years of being friends?" zayn shrugged "because i'm not a cheater zayn, i wouldn't cheat on you zayn. not even with chris brown." i laughed slightly shaking my head "you were all i ever wanted. you wasn't half as famous as me when you first got into the game, but i loved you for you, not because of the fame money or anything. it was you. just you." i said softly and i saw his lip twitch. he was about to cry.

he looked up into my eyes and there it was! the tears in his eyes.

"chris and i was high as fuck and drunk. one thing led to another." i admit "before this, and before the kiss, he never overstepped my boundaries. he's always know that it's always been you, he wouldn't of been able to compete with my zayn." i smiled making him smile as a tear fell down his face

"if he's what you want, i want you to be happy." he nodded "and i know he's so good with amira. and he loves you so much"

"zayn" i laughed making a face "i need to think about me." i say honestly "i've just come out of a 8 year relationship with the love of my life. i don't need no one else." i admit watching him smile softly.

"i have to admit though, when chris told me he fucked you while i was next door.. that was like a pang in my chest." he tapped his chest "like i grew up watching you both, he was my idol, and you was my dream woman. seeing your chemistry together i always thought 'shit, those two are dating or something' but when we met, when you wanted me, i was like yeah.. she doesn't want chris." he nodded, telling me how he's felt in the past "in the beginning i was always a little worried, but that soon faded and then i had no worries." he shook his head "i was never jealous of him, or felt like he'd move in on you." he admitted and i nodded "because he wasn't going to do that, and he's always liked you zayn, he didn't wanna ruin anything he wouldn't have."