Chapter 13: Hayvenhurst Heartbreak

16th April 2018

it was 3pm before i got released from hospital.
i was now at a place where i thought of it as home, Hayvenhurst. this is where my dad and the rest of the family moved in 1971. my grandmother still lives there, with my sister Paris.
my sister and grandmother wanted to make sure i was being looked after. i have been here since about 4pm, and it is now 7:30pm.

Paris went and picked up Amira from Zayn and she was here to welcome me home.

"you need to relax" my grandmother said "i'm okay mama g" i smiled up at her as i drink in my cup of tea. "i want to go into the studio." i confirmed to her.
my father created his own little studio here, where he created and recorded some very famous songs, like billie jean for example.

"do you have to do that now?" she furrowed her brows at me making me giggle

"i'm okay! i feel totally fine. my headache is gone, i only have a swollen lip now!" i shrug slightly and she shook her head "i can't believe this happened to you."

"it was a accident." i say softly "doesn't make it right." she eyed me up and down "i know mama k" i say gently.

even in her old age, she'd still scold us! mama jackson doesn't play about!!!

"go on then, you might as well while amira is asleep." she sighed making me smile.

i get up slowly, not wanting to go dizzy, and i make my way out of the lounge into the kitchen and out of the patio doors. i turn left and walk towards the little garage that my father rebuilt into his own recording studio.

it was like it was when he was alive, we never made any huge adjustments to it, except add new and better technology as it came out. everything else is pretty much the same in here. all the plaques of my father still hung up as a shrine!

i sat at the piano in the room and took everything in.
it's rare i get moments like this. to just sit and reflect on my life and career. makes everything i'm going through more real!

i have a beautiful baby girl.
i slept with chris.
i performed at coachella.
i am one of the best selling artists of all time.
hailed one of the greatest performers of all time.

i smiled to myself. i've done good.
i look up at a photo of my father, and then there was a photo of me and him beside it.
ain't no way i could've done this without him. and i know that! i'm fucking grateful for that man.
there ain't no other man like him. no man will ever provide for me and love me like my dad did.

then i think back to zayn.. he did everything for me.
i know my father would've loved zayn.

i look into my fathers eyes on the photo and the tears slowly fall down my cheeks.

Chris' POV:
"c'mon mama jackson, i just wanna see if she's alright." i plead with royalty's grandmother.

"boy. you've been with her since you punched her in the face. she's okay here." she patted my arm
"i said i was sorry for that, ma'am" i pleaded with her.
i always called her ma'am, or mama jackson/ mama j. simply because i fucking respect this woman massively. she brought the greatest entertainers into this world. she deserves to be respected, for doing that. and for raising all them damn children. and being a good wife. and being a good grandmother. she helped raise royalty into the woman she is today, and, well...

"what is it with you and my granddaughter?? you better not be playing with her."

"mama j, would i ever do that?" i gave her a look, then quickly composed myself when she gave me a ghetto look back.
i straightened myself up in front of her.