Chapter 18: Trisha & Navin Part-1

Navin POV:

Navin POV:

After leaving the police station, Trisha and I parted ways from St. Joseph's School. However, I did get her number, but still, I didn't have the courage to call or message her. I'm afraid of what she might think of me. Maybe this fear is the reason why I didn't talk to her when I had the chance.

If I had talked to her back then, things could be different now, and she wouldn't have tried to commit suicide if I had expressed my love for her. I feel like such an idiot, a loser, a one sided lover who is too scared to express what I feel in my heart.

Our story traces back to April 7th, 2012, when I was in my first year of intermediate at Narayana College in Pune.

During my 1st year exams, I found myself at St. George's Junior College because it was my exam center. Ajay wasn't with me due to having a different exam center.

Here, at the exam center, there were lots of students and their parents waiting for the gates to open because it was already 9 am. I was feeling nervous because today was my physics exam, which I am not good at.

While I was seriously going through the topics that I hadn't covered last night, everyone started going through the college gates as they were finally opened, and I realized I had to hurry. So with the materials in my hand, I went through the crowd, reading.

When I arrived at the exam room, I quickly packed my materials and books into my bag and headed towards the invigilator, who was checking the students hall tickets at the door. When I approached him, he asked for my hall ticket. As I reached into my pocket, I realized it wasn't there. I felt shocked and didn't know what to do. I checked my bag and pockets, but I couldn't find it anywhere. The exam had already started.

So I went to the invigilator and explained that I had lost my hall ticket. But he didn't let me take the exam without it. Nevertheless, I rushed outside to look for my hall ticket, but I couldn't find it. It was already 9:15, and I didn't know if the invigilator would let me in even if I found it. Suddenly, it felt hard for me to breathe because of running around the campus looking for the hall ticket. I was sweating and worried about how my father might react if I failed this exam. I knelt down, with my face facing the ground, having lost all hope.

I stood alone in front of the gate, feeling completely broken and lost. Then, I noticed a shadow in front of me. Looking up, I saw her eyes. I was mesmerized by her beauty, especially her deep blue eyes. I felt like I was seeing an angel who had fallen from the sky.

Lost in thoughts of her, she handed me a paper. Realizing it might be my hall ticket, I reached out and took it. I thought it was all a dream, but it's real, she is real. I tried to stand up, while she said, "It's yours, right? I found your hall ticket on my way to the exam room. I even went to your room, but they said you had left. So, I thought maybe you were here looking for this."

Looking at the hall ticket, I couldn't express the happiness I felt. It was like I had found the treasure that was once taken from me. Gazing at her, I responded, "Thank you, thank you so much. If it weren't for you, I could have failed this exam."

"No need to thank me, but the exam has already begun, we need to hurry."

Listening to her words, I nodded in agreement and quickly ran towards my exam room. On my way, I lost track of her. However, the invigilator checked my hall ticket and gave me the question paper. Since I was late, I tried to finish the exam quickly. While I was writing, I kept thinking about her. The more I thought about her, the more I wanted to see her. Her pale white skin, whiter than milk, and her captivating lips, which can even make the gods fall in love effortlessly. And, Her long black hair cascaded in a way that could enchant anyone who behold it.

Even in the silence, I could still hear the love songs of AR Rahman because of her. I thought like I didn't want to care about the exam anymore. Then, I suddenly remembered how my father could beat me if I didn't get good marks, so I tried to focus on the exam.

Most of the students had already left the room, and I wondered if she had left too. Meanwhile, the invigilator took my answer sheet because I had taken extra time to complete the exam.

After the exam, I quickly went outside and searched for her everywhere, but I couldn't find her, and I didn't even know her address or mobile number to reach her, and most importantly, I didn't even know her name. And, that's when I realized she had left, and I would never see her again in this lifetime.

Hey everyone, please try to comment on the chapters so that I can know if you are really enjoying them or not. Feel free to vote and leave your feedback. Happy reading! 😊😁😁