Chapter 14: Third Culprit Part-1

AJAY POV:

AJAY POV:

"I don't understand, sir. How could you say that there is a third culprit at the school? None of us have seen him, and according to Ranga, they were only attacked by Stephen and Riyaz," I exclaimed, disbelief evident in my voice.

Rajesh bhai responded, as he looked at me, " I'm not entirely sure if there is a third culprit. It's just a hunch,"

On his table, he spread out the files containing the details of several school thefts in the last few months.

In every school theft, there is no evidence about the criminals, and the security guards who have seen them labeled them as masked men. As we were looking at the files for a few more minutes, Rajesh bhai interjected, suggesting, "I strongly believe that Riyaz and Stephen are behind all these thefts."

Navin questioned, "How can you be so sure?"

"It's because in every school they targeted, they followed the same pattern. First, they used spray on the security guards to make them unconscious, and second, they disabled the CCTV cameras, even before they entered the school. And, from what we know, there is someone who hacked it," Rajesh bhai explained, his tone confident.

Then, glancing at Navin, he added, "And when we interrogated security guards from different schools about the masked men, they all described one as skinny, 5 feet 7 inches tall, and the other as muscular, medium-built, 5 feet 8 inches tall. Ranga also said the same to us when we interrogated him."

Navin inquired, "But with that, we cannot link them to the other thefts, right?"

Rajesh bhai nodded and explained his plan, "Yes, it's difficult. Our only option is to get them to confess. However, that guy, Stephen, doesn't seem like the type to confess the truth. Whereas Riyaz, he looks more like Stephen's puppet, so we'll interrogate him first and make him tell the truth."

I interrupted, looking through the files. "What about that third suspect? From the evidence you've shown us, it's more than just a hunch now. This person could be the mastermind behind all these school thefts, and I also think he is a skilled hacker."

I turned to Rajesh bhai and added, "Considering Riyaz hasn't even completed 10th grade and Stephen, being a college dropout who spent 2 years in jail for a bank robbery, it seems impossible for them to hack into the school security system and disable the CCTV cameras, so there must be a third suspect."

Rajesh listened to my words and asked aloud, "He may be a college dropout, but that doesn't mean he's not skilled, right? What if he has learned hacking and had an interest in it?"

Rajesh bhai is correct, we cannot judge a person based on his grades. What if he's the one who hacked the school security system? What if there isn't a third suspect after all? Maybe it's just my gut telling, but I can't shake off this feeling. And I can't seem to agree that there is no third suspect until I go through the files again. Perhaps I missed something.

As I was deeply thinking and flipping through the pages of the files, everyone seemed stunned and clueless about my plan. They all have dismissed the idea of a third suspect, but not me. Finally, I got an idea, and I turned to Rajesh bhai, insisting, "I have a small request, sir. I need to check the CCTV footage of Navin at the front gate of the school."

What did Ajay find out? And what's his plan for catching the third suspect? If you want to know, then do check out the next chapters of "Chasing Her."😁😁