Chapter 8: Confrontation

"Ajay, I think they're on the roof

"Ajay, I think they're on the roof. We need to act fast before that masked men do something to her," Navin remarked as he surveyed the area. Meanwhile, Ajay gathered the empty alcohol bottles, both his and those of the security guards.

Watching Ajay, Navin, frustrated, questioned, "What are you doing? Do you even understand the gravity of our situation?"

Locking eyes with Navin, Ajay responded, "Yes, I do, but how are you going to fight them without any weapons?"

Handing over the remaining two bottles to Navin, he continued, "We'll use these bottles to strike their heads. However, we don't know how many they are and what weapons they have, so first, we need to know their numbers and the weapons they possess. Since they don't know we are here, we'll catch them off guard with a surprise attack, leaving them disoriented and vulnerable."

Navin, taken aback, exclaimed, "How did you plan this out so quickly? Does this mean you've come to your senses from the effects of alcohol?"

"Yes, I'm back to my senses. And it doesn't matter how I planned this, what matters is to make sure we hit their heads accurately. We only have those fractions of seconds, and if we miss, it's game over for us and those girls," Ajay responded seriously. Navin nodded in agreement, though he couldn't understand Ajay's sudden change in demeanor.

"Man, what's with this guy? He's not afraid of the masked men or even death. It's like after trying to die multiple times, he's now embracing it, knowing it can't take him anymore. Those masked men will be so fucked for choosing this day to loot, and they'll regret it for the rest of their lives, or he'll make them regret it," Navin thought to himself.

As they moved up the stairs, reaching the second floor, Ajay glanced at Navin and whispered, "Turn off the flashlight and climb the steps quietly, without making a sound."

Annoyed, Navin replied, "I know what to do, so don't give me any more instructions because just 30 minutes ago, I was the one in charge."

Ajay continued leading the way without saying a word, leaving Navin confused by his silence.

As they continued upwards, Ajay and Navin concluded, based on their conversation, that there were indeed two masked men present, along with two women.

Ajay carefully observed what was happening and witnessed the women being dragged by the masked men. He could clearly see this due to the light coming from the masked men's mobile phone. One of the women was Trisha, whom Navin had loved in the past, but he remained silent as another masked man stood nearby, with an unconscious woman beside him.

Ajay signaled for Navin to follow him. As the masked men dragged the women, Ajay quickly threw a bottle, striking masked men in the head. As Riyaz, turned and aimed his gun at Ajay, Navin promptly grabbed Riyaz's hand, disarming him and pointing the gun at his forehead. Despite noticing Trisha's injuries, Navin remained focused on Riyaz, as he didn't want riyaz to do anything stupid.

Meanwhile, as the masked men turned to shoot Ajay, Ajay quickly threw another bottle at the masked man, causing him to lose his grip on the gun. Before the masked man could react, Ajay moved forward and landed a powerful kick in the face of the masked man, sending him crashing to the ground.

Despite the fall, the masked man rose to his feet, his eyes locked fiercely on Ajay, and charged towards him.

However, Ajay managed to tear off the mask of the masked man, revealing his true identity to everyone. He looked to be the same age as Ajay, with a scar on his left cheek, and appeared even more terrifying than he did with the mask.

Suddenly, Nitya began to regain consciousness, her senses slowly returning as she struggled to rise to her feet. Through her blurry vision, she saw Trisha standing nearby, looking worried.

She also witnessed Ajay and the masked men fighting intensely, oblivious to their surroundings, fueled by anger and rage. Neither of them showed any signs of stopping, and blood stained the ground while screams filled the air.

In a desperate act, Nitya grabbed the rod that had been used against her.

Meanwhile, Ajay, blood pouring from his nose and mouth, blocked a blow from the masked man's right hand with his left. He then swiftly countered with a strike to the masked man's face, sending him crashing to the ground in a heap.

However, just as Navin tried to intervene, Nitya, driven by a surge of anger, struck Ajay from behind with the rod, causing him to collapse.

Trisha's voice echoed in shock and disbelief, "Nitya, what have you done?"

Nitya's response was resolute, "I did what needed to be done. I attacked the person who was trying to hurt us."

Trisha, in frustration, shouted, "No, he's not the one who attacked us. He came to save us."

Navin's concern for Ajay was evident as he checked on him. Nitya, dropping the rod, rushed to Ajay's side. But Navin pushed her away and said, "I tried to stop you, but you wouldn't listen. You know he risked his life to rescue you, and this is how you repay him?"

Nitya tried to explain, her voice filled with regret, "I didn't know what was happening. I thought he might have been the one who struck me from behind. I'm sorry."

Navin understood. Meanwhile, the police had arrived at the scene and arrested the masked men, Riyaz, along with Navin, Ajay, Nitya, and Trisha.