Chapter 12: Rajesh Iyer Part-1

AJAY POV:

AJAY POV:

As we were talking, suddenly Rajesh bhai asked the constable to open the cell. He then called me, Navin, Nitya, and Trisha to his chamber, accompanied by other policemen.

I know Rajesh bhai didn't like me. Not only him, but Navin's entire family hates me, as they believe I was trying to spoil Navin.

Despite this, Navin always stood by me, defending me whenever someone spoke badly about me. I don't know, after my father, he was the only one who believed I would change. Even now, he stood beside me, and even though this is all because of me, he didn't say a word and stayed with me in that cell, enduring everything.

As I was lost in thought, Rajesh bhai's voice brought me back to reality as he questioned the four of us, "We interrogate Riyaz and Stephen to get the truth from them, but before that, I need to know why the four of you were at the school."

Navin, meeting Rajesh bhai's gaze, responded, "I already told you everything over the phone, bhai."

He pointed at me as he spoke, "Navin, I need to know from the beginning for the investigation purpose, and I want to hear it from Ajay why both of you were trespassing in the school area."

He then gazed at navin, continued,
"And don't call me Bhai here, it's the police station you are in, and here you call me sir,"

I explained to Rajesh bhai interrupting him, "It's Mira's birthday, so I went to the school, sat in our 5th class classroom, and drank alcohol to try to remember the time I have spent with her."

"Oh man, did you realize how many times you've come here because of that one girl, Ajay? Every time you drink, you end up in a fight and get yourself arrested. It's become a routine for you, hasn't it?" Rajesh said laughingly and asked the constable to bring someone over, leaving me utterly surprised as I realized it was Ranga.

Coming closer to me, Rajesh bhai added, "You said everything, but you seem to left out some minor details, and tried to save the security guard by not involving him with you, haven't you?"

I thought to myself, "Shit!! he understood that Ranga was the one who let me in, or maybe questioned him before me. So, I have no option but to tell him everything, and now Ranga and the other security guards may even lose their jobs because of letting me in."

"I know him, I gave money and drinks to these security guards to let me in by temporarily turning off the CCTV cameras, and they did what I asked them," I replied.

Rajesh bhai, eyeing Ranga intently, inquired, "So you disable all the CCTV cameras until he enters the school building, correct? And once he's inside the building, you turn them back on, don't you?"

"Yes, sir," Ranga confirmed.

Rajesh bhai in an angry tone, asked, "As a security guard, your primary duty is to safeguard the school but instead you let ajay in for money and cheap liquor, what a disgrace you are."

Ranga looked down in shame listening to Rajesh bhai words, and Rajesh bhai added, "But this morning, when I checked the CCTV footage, it didn't match what Ranga said. The only footage missing should be Ajay's but strangely, the only footage we have is of Navin entering the school, and after that, there's no more footage."

"After Navin sir entered, those two masked men came at us and sprayed something on us which knocked us out, and after some time we realised that we were locked in a room, so maybe those masked men have something to do with the cctv footage sir,"Ranga responded, recalling what happened after Navin go through the front gate.

Rajesh bhai turned towards Nitya and Trisha, expressing his doubt, "I understood why those two were at the school, but I don't get what you both are doing at the school."

Trisha stepped forward, explaining, "I noticed there was no one at the front gate of the school, perhaps because the masked men had already locked them in the room. Since there was no one around, I decided to enter the school."

Rajesh bhai furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and asked, "But why? Why did you decide to go to the school in the first place?"

We all had that doubt, and Navin told me that when he asked them what they were doing at that school, they didn't answer him and instead diverted the topic. Maybe now we can find out what they are hiding?

Trisha confessed, "I went there to commit suicide."

Everyone was utterly shocked by her words. As I glanced at Navin, I saw his eyes widen with disbelief, and even Rajesh bhai appeared puzzled by her revelation.