Chapter 15: Third Culprit Part-2

AJAY POV:

AJAY POV:

I know people around me are wondering why I'm taking this so personally and trying so hard to catch that criminal. But what they don't understand is that indeed, I have a connection with that masked man.

Even though no one is saying it, I know it's because of me that everything happened. Even Navin knows this. If I hadn't drunk with the security guards, they wouldn't have been affected by alcohol and might have stopped the masked men when they attacked.

If that had happened, then Navin wouldn't have been involved in this, and Nitya and Trisha wouldn't have been hurt by Stephen. Maybe I was wrong, and even if the guards were in the right mind, they wouldn't have been able to stop the masked men.

But the idea that they might have makes me feel like I'm to blame for everything.

Anyway, what's done is done, and I can't change the past. But I can try to catch the other masked men and make them pay for what they did to Trisha, Navin, and especially Nitya.

As I was lost in thought, Rajesh bhai nodded in agreement, perhaps impressed by me. He asked the other policemen to get the footage, and as it played, I noted the timings of the incidents. After a lot of thinking, I looked at everyone and declared, "I've cracked it." They seemed stunned by my reaction. I added, "Let me tell you, the CCTV camera at the front gate hasn't been working since Navin entered the school building."

Turning to Ranga, I asked, "Can you tell me when those masked men attacked you? Tell me the exact time of the attack after Navin left."

Ranga confirmed, "I think it was only five minutes after he left, they attacked us."

Interrupting, Rajesh bhai expressed his disbelief, "I don't understand. You're trying to prove there is a third culprit by this. No one can believe you, Ajay."

I took the system and started playing the footage. "I can prove it. Let me show you. After Navin passes through the front gate and reaches the ground, the CCTV camera at the school building is turned off. It's a 5 minute walk from the front gate to the school building. So, if riyaz and Stephen were busy attacking security guards, then how can they hack into the school system?"

No one agrees with me, I can see it in there faces and it's not all that I have found, i continued, "Also, let's assume someone is hacking into CCTV cameras. In that case, they would likely be closer to the school. So, if we check the cameras along the school road, we can determine if there is a third culprit present or not."

Rajesh bhai quickly asked the policemen to check the cameras along the school road to see if there were any nearby shops that recorded the incident.

Finally, they found out that Stephen stopped a black van near the school, and from the car, two masked men entered the school. And, After the police arrested all of us, someone wearing a mask drove the car and escaped.

The police checked the traffic signals, but the car didn't cross any signal, and it should have been hidden somewhere nobody knows.

Rajesh bhai's eyes widened in shock, but then he turned towards me with a surprised expression on his face and asked, "How did you do it? It's because of you we've come so close to identifying the third culprit. You've really changed, haven't you?"

It felt good to be praised by someone who always saw me as an alcoholic addict and laughed at me for chasing that woman.

With everyone looking at me with smiles, I replied, "I don't know, sir. I just wanted to find him, and now I did. But what about us? When will you release us, sir?"

Seated in his chair, Rajesh bhai said, "I need everyone to clear the room. I need to talk to ajay about something."

Hey guys, please try to comment because I can't understand if you are liking the story or not, and what you think of this chapter?" 😁😁