FOURTEEN: Prince To The Rescue

Start from the beginning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jeo, come on, listen to me," you tried to reason. "You're a good person, Jeo. Please, just tie me up, and let the kids go. They have nothing to do with this."

Jeo's shoulders slumped, a sigh of defeat escaping his lips. "I'm sorry," he said, his voice tinged with regret. "Look, (Y/N), if there was something I could do to help you, I would've done it. But I can't, okay? I'm sorry."

With those words, Jeo began to drag you towards the cross where Thomas was bound, your own restraints being untied as he positioned your body. Just as he was about to secure you, a sudden arrow flew through the air, striking Jeo in the shoulder.

The unexpected attack caught the soldier off guard, and in that moment of distraction, you seized the opportunity. Summoning every ounce of strength, you kicked Jeo in the leg, causing him to stumble and release his hold on you.

Without a moment's hesitation, you broke free from the loosened bindings and made a desperate dash for freedom, your eyes scanning the chaos of the encampment for any means of escape.

As you ran, your mind raced, the weight of the situation bearing down on you. Thomas was still captive, Toby was left vulnerable, and you were now a fugitive in the heart of enemy territory. But you refused to give in to the overwhelming odds, your determination fueling your every step.

As you raced through the chaotic encampment, a sudden movement in the corner of your eye caused you to turn just in time to see a cloaked figure lunging towards you. Before you could react, the figure had seized your arms, halting your desperate attempt at escape.

"You little rat," the familiar voice chuckled, the edge of a sword pressing against your throat. "Do you really think a dumb move like that was going to fool me? You may have fooled Jeo, but you can never fool me."

Your heart pounded in your chest as you recognized the voice – Kaide Ledger, the very man you had hoped to avoid. But just as the blade threatened to draw blood, a new voice cut through the tension.

"Let her go, Kaide," Lorenzo commanded, seemingly appearing out of nowhere amidst the dark woodland.

Kaide's laughter rang out, his grip on the sword tightening as he turned to face the ginger-haired assassin. "Could this day get any better?" he mocked. "Lorenzo Hellbringer, the chosen one is finally here."

Seizing the opportunity, you broke free from Kaide's grasp and ran towards Lorenzo, seeking the safety of his embrace. As you collided with his chest, his arms enveloped you, offering a brief respite from the chaos.

"Enzo," you breathed, your heart racing, "Thomas and Toby are still out there."

"I know, (Y/N)," he whispered, his hands rubbing soothing circles on your back. "Eret's on his way, okay? Now, what I want you to do is run. Don't look back, just run and save yourself. Understand?"

You nodded, your trust in Lorenzo's words unwavering. With a gentle push, he urged you forward, and you took off, your legs carrying you away from the confrontation, your mind focused solely on finding a way to escape and return with help.

As you ran, the sounds of battle erupted behind you, the clash of steel and the cries of the combatants fading into the distance. But your determination never wavered, your sole purpose to reach safety and find a way to rescue Thomas and Toby from their perilous predicament.

The path ahead was shrouded in uncertainty, but you knew that you could not afford to falter. You had to be strong, to push forward, and to find a way to confront the demons that had haunted you for so long. For the sake of your friends, you had no other choice.

With you now safely out of harm's way, Lorenzo turned his attention to the formidable figure of Kaide Ledger, the man he had long awaited to confront.

Fixing his stance, Lorenzo steeled his resolve, his grip tightening on the hilt of his sword as he prepared for the impending clash.

"Come at me, Lorenzo!" Kaide taunted, his voice dripping with malice. "I'll make sure to kill you this time!"

Without further warning, the blonde assassin launched himself forward, his blade cutting through the air with blinding speed. The sound of steel against steel echoed through the dark forest as the two men engaged in a furious exchange of blows.

Lorenzo and Kaide were both skilled swordsmen, but their styles differed greatly. Kaide was agile and graceful, using quick thrusts and parries to keep Lorenzo at bay, while the ginger-haired assassin relied on his raw power and relentless strikes to break through his opponent's defenses.

As they fought, Lorenzo felt a surge of anger and hatred towards Kaide, the memories of their shared past flooding his mind. He remembered how they had once been like brothers, training together and swearing to protect one another. But Kaide had betrayed him, stabbing him in the back both literally and figuratively, leaving him for dead.

The pain of that betrayal still burned within Lorenzo, fueling his determination to finally put an end to this long-standing feud. Yet, amidst the clash of steel, a flicker of nostalgia also stirred in his heart – a recollection of the day they had first met, when their bond had been forged in the crucible of their shared experiences.

But now, that bond had been shattered, replaced by a bitter rivalry that had spanned years and claimed countless lives. And as the battle raged on, Lorenzo knew that only one of them would emerge victorious, their fates forever intertwined.

The outcome of this confrontation would not only determine the course of their own lives but also the future of those they held dear. For in the balance hung the lives of Thomas, Toby, and (Y/N) – innocent souls caught in the crossfire of a conflict that had raged for far too long.

With a renewed sense of purpose, Lorenzo pressed his attack, his sword a blur as he sought to break Kaide's defenses and end this battle once and for all.

============================