Bruises

Eddie Munson

It's still early, but in this place the mix of cigarettes and alcohol never seems to fade even after they clean up the place. I knock on the back door so he knew it was me. A few seconds passed, and he opened the door, my eyes meet with jacks. He first looks at me, then his eyes shift to Harrington and Hannah that stood behind me.

"Get in." We did as he said.

Jack closed the door then got back to us, we stood in the room behind the bar where there were some racks with storage for the bar and extra chairs and tables and an old sofa where I have stayed sometimes.

He looked at me and i made a move with my head pointing towards Hannah I, and he immediately looks at her, she had her hood on, so her face wasn't visible at all.

"Take off the hood, please." Hannah doubted for a second she did has he said. She took the hood off and Steve and I looked away, but jack didn't, he didn't have a reaction, his face stood the same. "I have to get some stuff from upstairs, take a seat if you want." He said that, and he took the caracole stairs that are beside the door we just enter from.

"Hannah, why don't you sit down, don't overexert yourself. Between the sofa, it is more comfortable than it looks." She just nodded and took a sit while Harrington approached me.

"Who is this guy? And how is someone who works on a bar is going to help us?" He said confused and judging a little.

I roll my eyes at him.

"Things not always are as they look, he used to be a doctor, he graduated with honors and shit like that. " Steve eyebrows races. "Trust me in this, I wouldn't put her at risk." I said and walk towards the sofa.

"Can I sit?" She didn't look at me but nodded. I sat close to her.

"Um- I'm sorry for racing my voice at you." She said just loud enough so I can listen, yet her voice was hoarse from shouting. "I'm just so...scared."

"It's okay, none of us are trying to scare you, we just want to help you, and jack will help you." She turns to look at me.

"How do you know him?"

"It's a long story, but I will tell you later, okay?"

"Okay."

We waited patiently for about ten minutes until Jack returned, carrying a big leather bag in his hand. He approached us where we sat on the sofa, setting the weighty bag down beside me."I'm going to need your assistance," he said, meeting my gaze briefly before turning to Steve. "May I stand near you?" he asks, looking now at Hannah.

Hannah nodded in agreement. "Yes." she replied softly.

Jack retrieved a chair from beside the door and positioned it in front of us, creating a space between Hannah and me.

"I notice that the cuts on your face are clean and dry, but I'm not willing to take any chances, so I'll clean them again with hydrogen peroxide before covering them with small band-aids," he explains to her in a gentle tone, one that I'm not accustomed to hearing. "You, with the pretty hair, I need you to go upstairs to the fridge for the bag of ice packs," he directs Steve, who nods and immediately heads upstairs.

"Now, you," Jack looks at me, "retrieve the bag of cotton balls, band-aids, and hydrogen peroxide from the bag." Following his instructions, he continues, "You're going to do it.¨

¨What?¨ I look at him in confusion.

¨The last thing she needs right now is to be touched by someone she just met, she needs someone who knows and thrust I will just tell you how to do it.¨ I just nod.