Shithole

My mother and I just moved to a shithole called Hawkins.

She says it's a new start for us and that better things are coming. The real deal is that she wanted to get away from my dad, there wasn't a day that they wouldn't fight, even for the smallest thing.

I guess I will finally know the sound of silence for once.

Rose literally decided to move a day ago. She packed everything that would fit in the car while my father was out of the house. To then get me and my six-year-old sister ass up in the middle of the night to get us in the car and drive to the road without looking back.

Seems that we are staying temporarily in a trailer neighborhood on the east side of the town. Oh, yeah, she already had everything planned; school for Ruby and me, a job for her, and a place to stay.

"Ahhh, a new chapter in our life." My mom says as she opens the door from her seat, inhaling deeply.

"Mmhm," I answer while getting out of the car, and slamming shut the door.

"Anna! A woman doesn't slam the door when she gets out of a car." Her sermon makes me roll my eyes. " They don't roll their eyes, either."

"I'm just tired, and your voice is not helping." I cross my arms and walk inside the trailer, not waiting for her answer.

"She's just grumpy, Ruby." I hear my mom explaining to my sister.

Entering the trailer , I cringe at the stain of moe that is the roof of what seems to be the living room. I turn to the small hallway where the rooms are, there are only three doors I guess two of them are bedrooms and the other is a bathroom meaning that I will share my room with Ruby. To Be honest, I don't mind. It would be just like in Ohio, every time our parents fight she comes running to my room and stays there until the morning.

"Anna, please come to help us get the suitcases out of the car!" I walk outside to find my mother and Ruby pulling a big suitcase from the trunk. The fact that there are four just like that one makes me feel more tired than I already was.

After getting the things inside the house, my mom decide to take the room that was at the end of the hallway. While Ruby and I stayed with the one in front of the bathroom. Our room already had a bunk bed. At least we don't have to sleep on the floor like my mother. Ruby tried to fight with me over who would take the bed from upstairs but she failed. The hell I'm gonna let her take that bed so every night she worries me if she has to get out of bed to go to the bathroom half awake on those metal stairs.

"Anna, why don't you say hi to our neighbors while your sister and I go for something to eat." My mom doesn't even ask me, just says it in a polite tone to sound more like a request than an order.

"I need some air from all of this anyway," I say as I get up from the letter couch.

The three of us got out of the trailer at the same time. My mom and Ruby hopped in the car while I made my way to the house in front of us. The house is white and has frames of some kind of reddish-brown color. As I step onto the porch, the door opens by a redhead girl, not expecting my presence.

"Hi-um, I'm your new neighbor," I say, pointing to our trailer.

"Hi." She has a skateboard in her hand. Now I'm starting to like her.

"Skateboard, huh? I guess we have something in common." She looks at her skateboard, then looks at me. "I'm sorry, my name is Hanna." I give my hand for her to shake.

Oh my god, why didn't I say my name before, I'm such an idiot.

"Max." She shakes my hand.

"Well, I guess you were on your way out, so I will leave you. Nice to meet you, Max." I walk off the porch.