Doubts

Hanna O'Connell

As soon as we arrived at the Wheeler house, I was the first one to get out of the car, then Steve quickly followed behind.

"Hanna." He called, But I ignored him.

"Hanna!" He shouts and I stop. "I'm sorry."

"I just want to take Ruby home." I keep walking to the door.

Before I reach it, Nancy opened the door, she seemed to be going out as she had her purse and a coat in hand.

Now, the moment couldn't get any uncomfortable than it is.

"We came to pick up Ruby," I take her atention.

"Oh, she and Holly fell asleep like two hours ago. They were exhausted after playing the rest of the afternoon." As Nancy finished her sentence, her mom appears behind her dressed in a gown with her arms over her chest.

"Honey your sister can stay, we don't mind, Holly would be really happy to know that Ruby stayed." I think about it for a moment before answering. Ruby needs a friend more than ever right now, but she also has to go to school tomorrow...

"And if it's about the school, it's not a problem. Holly told me she already has seen Ruby in her school during lunchtime, we can take her and Holly can lend her some clothes too." It was as if Ms. Wheeler just read my thoughts.

"Um- are you sure, is not any problem?"

"It's a pleasure." Mike's mom smiles softly at me.

"Well um, have a good night..." I said that, and Mike walked past me, waving his hand at me and Steve.

Everyone got inside the house except for Nancy, who walked to the other side of the house, where a car with someone inside waited for her.

I turned around to walk towards the car, where the rest waited for Steve and me. I didn't even look at him, I just walk towards the car, not because I was mad at him or I blamed him for what happened but instead because I felt ashamed to look at him just like I felt when Eddie stopped in front of me before leaving the auto cinema.

After we took the rest of the boys to their houses, there was just Robyn, Steve, and me.

"Guys, I think it's better if I stay alone tonight.¨I said, as I sit in the backs seat between the passenger and driver seats. "Don't look at me like that, Steve," I said as I notice his eyes looking at me through the rearview mirror.

Steve deeply sighted while Robyn stayed silent.

The way to the trailer seemed to went fast as it felt as I blinked and I was already on the porch trying to open the door of the trailer. Maybe because my mind seemed to be everywhere except in the backseat of Steve's car.

Getting inside the trailer, I walk towards the small table beside the sofa to turn on the lamp above the table. The dim light illuminated just the sofa, but that's what I wanted. I don't think I can sleep in the darkness. I let my body fall into the comfort of the old sofa, pressing my back to the sofa as much as I could for some kind of comfort. Blindly I pull the blank that was behind me, not having the strength to even cover myself, but I make it.

I don't know if it was the cold of the trailer or if it was all my feelings bottled up, but my body started shaking uncontrollably, my breathing was labored and I seemed to have a lump in my throat.

—-
No point of view

Three young adults with troubled hearts. Two boys who loved a girl who loved the both of them. She didn't know if she loved them in the same way, that was a thought that kept her awake everynight.