Dark Alley

Eddie Munson

I made it to my last class, it's the first day I made it through all my classes in weeks. I'm even surprised that I didn't get late for any of them. All my teachers were surprised as all of them said something like 'Munson it's been a long time.' or 'Finally decided to accompany us, Eddie.'

I didn't decide to come because I wanted to, but because I felt as if I was getting crazy by my own driving every damn morning pretending to go to come to this shit hole just so I don't cross paths with here.

The last bell rang and I quickly took my things and got up to make my way out, but Jeff grabbed me by the shoulder, calling my name.

I turned around to look at him, he looked at my chest surprised. I wasn't wearing my hellfire t-shirt. He looked aside, trying to disguise his look.

"Are you coming to the rehearsal today?" Jeff asks, knowing my answer.

I hesitated in my answer. "I don't know, but don't wait for me." My words made my stomach nod, but I don't feel like myself and it's hard to do the things you once loved when you are lost.

"Man she's just a girl. You are over reacting." He was never the one to speak his mind so it caught me off guard and at the same time, it made me mad.

"It's my business," I say and turn around to walk through the door.

I passed through the hallways, walking towards the back exit that led to the woods, and grabbing the books in my hand hard. I stumbled out the door once I reached, getting outside I wasn't walking fast but I was not in a normal phase either, reaching the wooden bench I threw my books on top of it.

Putting my hands in my face in anger, breathing heavily.

Get out of my head!

"Eddie, are you okay?" A sweet voice called my name, making me flinch.

I breathe out, rubbing my face before pulling my hands away from my face. "Yes. I'm fine Chrissy." I answered, giving her my back. Now I was feeling worse. I haven't seen Chrissy in over two weeks. That was the last time we hooked up, that was the last time I hooked up with every random girl I met at the pub too.

I thought it would make me feel better but it didn't because with every girl I slept I saw something in them that reminded me of her. I feel like a psycho since it seems as if I was obsessed with her, maybe I was. I knew so much and so little about her, but every emotion I felt with her was another level of euphoria, not even weed or drugs have had that effect on me. Ever.

"I need to go." I took my books from the table and walked past Chrissy without looking at her.

I'm sorry Chrissy.

Getting into the van, I drove to the pub. Jack was there behind the bar like every day I came, he was a man in his late 40s, with a military haircut, we shared the same style but he had a hint of classy too.

"Boy, shouldn't you be at school?" He asked while he dried off with a towel and some cups.

"Just got out," I said, letting my hands in surrender, walking towards the pool table.

"Did you see her?" He asked in his raspy tone.

"Mhm." When the second period started I saw Hannah putting some books inside her locker, she looked like she had something in her mind but I wouldn't know what even if I tried to guess.

I sit in front of Jack in one of the bar chairs.

¨When are you going to play in here?¨ He always asks me that every time I come, and yet the man has never seen my play.

I shake my head. ¨Don't know.¨

¨Music is the best remedy for the heart.¨ His quote made me cringe a little.

¨Wanna play some pool before the pub opens?¨ I change the subject.

¨Alright.¨

Hanna O'Connell

I haven't seen Steve since we kissed yesterday. He hasn't come to look for me and I know today is his free day but I haven't been looking for him either. I was on the trailer, smoking a cigarette and staring at Eddie's trailer, I know he is not in there but, I kept looking anyway while I thought maybe things between Steve and me were over. The kiss we shared didn't feel right and I'm not talking that of wrong that makes you want to still do it, it was more of it wasn't meant to be.

Would it be the same with Eddie? My wondered.

I finish my cigarette and then throw it to the ground while I get up from the porch.

I need to shower before leaving Ruby at the Wheeler's  house to have another sleeping party with Holly. I don't even mind the distance, as I'm just happy that Ruby has a friend.

"Ruby I'm going to take a shower then leave you in Holly's house so have your things ready!" I shout as I get inside the trailer. "Do you want something from the grocery store?" I ask in the air, knowing she will hear me as she is in our room.

"My favorite cereal, please!"

"Noted"

After my shower and checking Ruby had everything in her bag, we took the bus to the Wheelers so I could drop her there. Nancy and I just shared a look and I left.

This time I walked to the grocery instead of taking the bus, and since I brought my Walkman, I decided to listen to some music on the way. The sun was setting, and the wind grew colder. My hair was still wet from my shower so I was getting chills all over my body. I crossed my arms over my chest.

I got in and out of the grocery store in a blink of an eye and it was already dark. I think from now on, doing the grocery with music is my favorite thing ever. Oh, god, that was my internal mom talking...

I need to hang out with more people my age.

I can't wait to get to the bus station, my arms are getting sore from the plastic bags I'm carrying. At least I'm not far from it now. I was only a block away from it now when I felt a strong tug on my wrist, pulling me into the dark alley. Everything happened so fast. The bags on my arms flew away with my Walkman, while I landed on the hard ground in a puddle of water. I let go of a whimper when I hit the floor as I couldn't even stop somehow from the harsh land.

The alley was dark. I couldn't see anything, just the light coming from the sidewalk I was walking a minute ago. The light was covered by a shadow of a man standing in front of me. I couldn't see his face, but panic ran through my body. I tried to stand up but as soon as I put weight on my right foot it hurt so bad. He took the chance to grab me by the neck of my jacket, making me stand up, and pinning me to the brick wall.

"What do you want?!" Why was this happening to me? Who is this man?

"You couldn't stay quiet, did you?!" Hi fist connected with my jaw for the first time. Tears started rolling down my cheeks not just because of the punch but because I knew who the man was.