Dear Monday

Monday.

Finally, is Monday. I'm starting to like Mondays, they used to be the day I hated the most from the weak but now it's my favorite one. I even got up first than anyone, I had enough time to peacefully take my shower and put on a new coat of nail polish in my hand fingers because the one I had was all lifted and ugly. Then I made pancakes with blueberry sauce as I like them, so believe me I'm in a fantastic mood today.

My mom took Ruby to school first, then me.  I even kissed my mother's cheek when she left me at school, that how much of a good mod I'm in.

As soon as I step into the school, my heart was betting one mile per second just by the thought that today I may see him. I hate how much control I'm giving him but I can't seem to control it. I didn't see Eddie before classes, and I didn't during, since we don't have any together. So I guess I will have to wait till recess to see him. Three more hours are nothing, to be honest. I did all the work I had to do in class, so the hours went faster. Because when you are busy time flies, and just like that is recess time.

Now I'm at the cafeteria, I'm not hungry because today I did get to have breakfast, so I just bought a cherry coke from the vending machine. I search for Eddie with my eyes into the crowded area as I stand in one corner of the room.

"Looking for someone, princess?" He says, his lips almost touching my ear. I bite down the inside of my cheek to keep inside the big smile that one's to crumble on my lips.

Eddie walks in front of me, not waiting for my answer, making his way to a table where there are guys wearing the same shirt that he does. Hellfire club. I start walking to reach him to walk side by side with him. "No, I wasn't looking for someone, I was trying to find a place to seat where I would not be bothered by these small-brained students." He chuckles at my insult.

We reach the table.

"I guess, you can seat with us if we are not small-brained for the princess." He says, taking a seat at the head of the table.

I shrug. "I guess It's the only place available." I take a seat beside him, my knee touching his. I open my cherry coke to take a sip, to disguise the redness in my cheeks. The other five boys that were on the table turned to look at me, three of them look at me as if I was the first girl they saw close in their lives.

"Mmm, hi...who are you?" The one with long shrimp black hair, ask.

"She is Hanna...someone I know..." Eddie explains. I mean, we are not friends but I didn't like the sound of that.

"Oh, so she plays D&D?" The one with a cap that seats in front of me asks.

"No, I dont." Now they look at me confused.

"Yeah she doesn't but she says she wants to learn, she wants to be like us. Thats why she is here with us today." Eddie says, looking at me. God, I even missed his big, beautiful brown eyes. As kept staring, he grabs my cherry coke to read what it says then shrug and take a sip. I hate how people take things without asking, but this time I don't mind. Not at all, so I let it go as if I didn't see it.

"Oh, so she's coming this Wednesday?" The boy with black hair asks.

"Will you?" Now Eddie asks.

"I can't this week. I- um, I'm busy." I'm busy being grounded, but they don't need to know that.

"Well you can come next week, I'm Dustin by the way," Dustin says giving me his hand to shake, then Mike, Gareth, Jeff, and a guy that calls himself This dude does the same.

I spend half of the recess with them, they are actually nice to be around, but when I was with them, a plan came to my mind. I told them that I needed a cigarette before classes started, to go to the only place in this damn school I like.

Laying on the wood table in the middle of the forest, I heard branches breaking by someone's feet walking over them, meaning someone was coming. I close my eyes, hoping that it's who I want to be.

"Didn't you come here to smoke?" Bingo.

"Yeah, I did." I still have my eyes closed.

"Huh?"

"I came here expecting that you would follow me so I can take a cigarette from you, since I can't buy my own otherwise my mother would find them since she checks my room when I'm gone." Now I open my eyes. Eddie had his hands placed beside my head, as he was looking me upside down.

"I guess you are lucky."

"I guess I am." Eddie straightens up to walk to the free side of the table, copying my posture. As he lies down next to me, he picks up the cigarette that was resting behind his ear, hidden by his long hair. He lights it up with a match that was in the same place as the cigarette. As it lights, he trows the match to the floor then takes a drag  and  passes it to me.

"So, what are you busy with this week?" He asks.

"I'm actually grounded."

"Shit, why so?" I turn my head to the side so I'm looking at his side profile.

"Because I arrived late to my house without calling my mom to let her know, since I was being chased by the police."

"Such an irresponsible girl you are, O'Connell." He now turns to look at me, our noses almost touching.

"Shut up Munson, you got me in trouble if I remember well." He smiled, but his eyes showed something else. Regret. I clear my throat, "That reminds me, why didn't you come last Friday?" I try to change the subject, I don't like what I saw in his eyes.

My question made him look uncomfortable, so he turns his head to look at the sky again. "I had to see my father...he doesn't live in Hawkins, so I had to drive for some hours." So he doesn't live with his father, maybe he lives with his mother.

"Oh." I didn't know what else to say. He doesn't seem to like to talk about his father, and I very well understand the felling.

"Well, too bad that you are grounded." Eddie changed the subject as he sucks the last drag of the cigarette.

"Why?"

"Because," he turns to look in my direction again. "This Friday there's a house party, and I was going to invite you. But since you are grounded and you don't seem to be the type of girl who escapes from her house to a party, I guess I will go alone." He says as a dare, and as he finishes talking, he blows the smoke in my face on purpose.

"Well, I guess you will have to go alone, since you are not that important for me to get my ass more grounded than it already is." I fire back. Eddie gives a cocky smile. He kept looking me into my eyes like if he could see my soul.

I don't know how but I'm going to that party this Friday.

I can't believe I wrote this after chapter nine. I w we all need this after crying over our beloved Eddie.

The Duffer's better revive him for season five, or it better be true the theory that he's still alive and just passed out from bat poison.