The game

No Point Of View

Toledo, Ohio.

Young Hanna had just returned from school, she was so excited because she had music class and she discovered her passion for the electric guitar, even though she has seen it before in movies. The difference this time is that now was infront of her eyes, and the shivers she got when she heard it live was something she had never experienced before. That so she couldn't wait for her father to get home from work and tell him how bad she wishes to have some guitar lessons. To be one day in a famous metal band like the ones she hears on the radio, that she secretly listens to.

5:30 pm

The hour her father usually arrived home from work, and today was no exception. His father is very punctual, so he arrived just a second before the clock marked 5:30 pm. Hanna got up from the floor where she was painting in her colors books to run toward the door as fast as her small legs let her. Upon reaching the living room, Jared, her father was just about to take a seat on the couch. He was losing up the tie around his neck to then grab the remote control to turn on the TV just like every day after he arrives from work.

¨Daddy you are home!¨ An excited Hanna said to her father as she takes a seat beside him. The father looks at his daughter with love and lifts her from her seat to place her in his lap, kissing the side of her head.

¨Someone is happy today, was school great?¨ Hanna nods repeatedly with a big grin on her face. Her dad chuckles at how cute her daughter looked, excited.

¨Today was a wonderful day daddy, I had music class with the big kids today and one of them brought an electric guitar. I love it.¨ The father paid attention to her daughter's words. ¨Mr, Tomson told me if I was interested in some lesson he would make a space for me in the afternoon with the newbies so I was wondering if-¨

¨Princess, You know what girls dont belong to bands, especially metal bands. Your mother will have a heart attack just by imagining it.¨ The toothy smile on Hanna's face fade away. ¨You know you are supposed to stay home, like your mother. A pretty face that doesn't has to think or worry about anything else that is not about her family or husband. ¨ The father said to his daughter with a proud tone. ¨Just freaks end up in metal band princess, you are not a freak you are a little girl who will grow up to marry a wealthy man making the perfect couple.¨

***

Hanna O'Connell

¨Hanna! I need you to stock the new films in the stalls, thank you!¨ Steve shouts at me from the cashier counter as I found myself in the back of the store sitting in a corner.

I hurry to open the mini plastic bag where there were some pills, take one out and shallow it dry as I get up to put the mini bag in my jeans back pocket. ¨Okay!¨ It's been two weeks since the things that happened with Eddie, two weeks without seeing him since he hasn't come to school. Two weeks since I work with Steve and Robyn at Family video. I never imagine myself hanging out with them but they have been the closest thing I have to friends in this town. At least at school, I'm not alone since I have Robyn and I see Steve almost every day too after school, so I haven't had time to think about other stuff that is not working. It's better this way.

I reach the warehouse and I huff at the number of boxes in front of me. No way, I'm doing this alone.

¨Harrington, get your ass in here and help me with these boxes!¨ I walk to one of the boxes to leaf it. It wasn't that heavy so I had no problem at all, turning around to direct myself to the front of the store, I meet with Steve leaning in the door frame. Looking at me with his arms crossed over his chest. ¨Stop looking at my ass and help me with the damn boxes, Harrington.¨ I roll my eyes as his face turns a lighter tone of pink as I catch him staring.