Cops

After pretending to do my 'history homework' we had dinner, and again Rose started talking about Steve and how we will look so good together. At this point I just listened to her, I didn't say anything, I'm just tired of always fighting with her.

Ruby fell asleep really quick, while I couldn't, not after hearing my mom sobbing in the middle of the night. I wonder if she is crying about my dad. He hasn't even called after our 'disappearance'.

After all, he's a cop, he has ways to find us. Maybe he just doesn't want to.

My thoughts make my throat tighten. Stop it, Hanna, just get some sleep.

Sleep.

Sleep.

Sleep.

Sleep.

Sleep.

I kept repeating that word until my thoughts started fading away.

***

¨God what should I do?¨ Rose asked, letting out a shaking breath.

I dont open my eyes since I dont know where she is looking at.

¨A girl should never tough bad of her...¨ Before she finishes her sentence, the doorbell sounds.

My mom closes the door of my room and I open my eyes.

A girl should never tough bad her, what? Try to think of some words that possibly were the ones she was going to say, but I'm not sure. The frontal door of the trailer opens and hear my mom talking with the mailman. Not even two minutes and she's already making her to our room after.

I stretch as if I was just getting up at the moment I hear the handle of the bedroom door open.

¨Good morning honey.¨ Rose says meeting eyes with mine.

¨Morning mom.¨

¨I will take you to school today, Ruby has the day off today.¨ I nod at her words to get down from my bed.

Today is a very warm day in Hawkins. Thank god I choose to put on something more summer-like, I can feel the sun burning my skin even through the closed window of the car. It's impressive how it only took us 15 minutes to get to school while taking the bus almost takes an hour. What the hell?

As my mom finally founds an available place to park, I placed my backpack on my shoulder to get out of the car, I have physics in the first period. The teacher is a real pain in the ass, and we don't get along so well, it's better if I get early to her class.

¨Anna?¨ I was about to get out of the car when she spoke.