3.24

Episode 10.19 "Dominion"

Nes awoke inside a sarcophagus, but as the memories of the last moments of her life flooded back, she closed her eyes again and had to fight back the sorrow. How was she going to escape Ba'al again? How was she going to get back to Kevin? He had her ship now, but no way to find her.

The lid slowly opened above her and she pulled Sekhmet up quickly and far too easily. Ba'al was there as she sat up and she glared at him, though he returned her anger with a shrug and a smile.

"My apologies, my dear, but you're perfectly alright now."

"You killed me."

"Yes." He came forward and put a hand on her cheek. "I'm afraid I do still rather enjoy that."

She continued to fume as she climbed out of the sarcophagus and steadied herself on her feet again. She was only given a few moments before she was again in his arms, but Nes pushed with all her strength against him and he released her in aggravation.

"You cannot possibly expect more patience from me!"

"You just killed me! And your clones tried to kill me and yet they still live." She poked a finger into his chest. "I want Kappa and Theta dead."

He grabbed her roughly. "Why do I tolerate your demands?"

"Because despite your frustration, you love a challenge. You would have lost interest in me long ago had I had fallen into your bed as easily as Athena, who also was working with Kappa and Theta to kill me, by the way. She thought you would make her your queen if I were gone."

His jaw clenched tighter in anger.

"I took care of her personally. I hope you don't mind." She gave his cheek a few light pats.

"And have you been the one killing my clones?"

Nes shrugged, but lifted her chin in defiance.

Ba'al slapped her, sending her to the floor, but then reached down to lift her back to standing, pointing a finger in her face. "I will not tolerate any of that behavior moving forward."

Nes nodded, but kept the threat in her eyes. She would not cower in front of him, begging to be his queen and in his bed.

His face softened and he wiped the blood away from her mouth, kissing her more gently. "I did miss you, my dear."

"I'm afraid I was far too angry to miss you, but your presence is certainly...growing on me again." She gave him a seductive smile and let her hands slide up his chest. "But how can I be sure it's really you?"

He reached into his suit pocket and pulled out a small box, popping it open with one hand and revealing the diamond and sapphire ring he'd given her before. She took it out of the box and placed it on her hand, kissing him tenderly.

Nes stepped around him toward the door. "What are your clones up to right now, my lord?"

"Kappa and Theta were placed in charge of a plan to capture the Orici."

"The Orici? For what purpose?"

He smirked. "I thought she would make an excellent host for one of my clones."

Nes knew her face showed her shock, but Ba'al seemed to enjoy taking her by surprise.

"Once she's been implanted, the entire Ori army will bow to my command."

"You mean Kappa's command."

"Yes, I'll have to remedy that situation once he has her." He smiled sadistically.