2.1

Nes came out on the other side of the wormhole and immediately found herself surrounded by jaffa, though she'd expected as much. They all bore the mark of Lord Yu, though, and she was relieved she hadn't dialed in the wrong address as she'd hurried to escape Revanna. She flashed her eyes at the guards and addressed the closest one in her goa'uld voice.

"Inform your master that Lord Sekhmet has come to pay him a visit."

The jaffa looked suspicious, but turned quickly to send a messenger up to the palace before he ordered for the pair to be searched. Nothing was found, other than the zat'nik'tel she willingly handed over, so she was told to follow him, the other guards falling in around her to ensure she did as she was told.

Brought in front of Lord Yu, she gently placed Elliot on the ground, the sweat pouring off of her from the effort of carrying him so far. The goa'uld on his throne looked in perfect health and she imagined he only recently emerged from his sarcophagus if the damage had been as extensive as Daniel had described. She sank to her knees then and bowed her head low to the ground.

"Lord Yu-huang Shang Ti, it has been long since we have met." She sat back up on her knees, but kept her hands crossed in front of her and her head bowed.

"Why have you come here, Sekhmet?"

She raised her head and let Sekhmet's smirk spread across her face. "My lord, word has traveled fast of the return of Anubis and that you were the only System Lord with the courage and wisdom to reject his petition to join the Council." She bowed her head again. "I have come to pledge my allegiance to you."

"And how do I know I can trust you?"

She smiled. "We all know that none of us can be truly trusted, but I can assure you that I will serve you as you fight against Anubis."

"And what is that?" Yu gestured to Elliot's body.

"My servant, A'yal, my lord. He took a host from the Tau'ri and I believe he gathered intelligence about them as well as the Tok'ra. Specifically about a new chemical weapon: a poison that kills symbiotes. Of course, he is not particularly forthcoming with that information in his current state."

"Interesting. I imagine that would be of great interest to you as a She'ket."

She shrugged innocently, her palms towards the goa'uld. "Perhaps. But regardless of my personal interest, it could prove to be a devastating blow to our race as a whole, not to mention the effect it would have on our dependence on the jaffa slaves."

"I will allow you to revive him and we will see what information he possesses."

He nodded to his First Prime who knelt down to pick up Elliot's body and Nes stood, offering another bow.

"I will have a guard escort you to your rooms."

"I would stay with my servant until he is revived, my lord."

Lord Yu did not like being defied, but a quick nod meant he would allow her request and she followed behind the First Prime, breathing deep as she tried to calm herself.

Elliot was placed in the sarcophagus; it took very little time to heal his injuries, despite their severity. She paced in a typical impatient goa'uld manner and was short with the servant girl who offered her tea and asked for her preferences on clothing.

When the sarcophagus began to open, she rushed forward to peer inside. Elliot's skin was no longer pale, but looked healthy and tan and pink. His breathing was calm and even and she couldn't resist reaching out to touch his arm, pleased to find warmth where there had recently only been the cold of death. His eyes began to flutter open and she waited until he focused on her before she spoke. "A'yal, you are blessed to be returned to the service of your goddess, Sekhmet."