2.18

Episode 8.16 "Reckoning Part 1" (bold)

Sekhmet debated on what to do with Kinsey's body, but in the end she disposed of it so it wouldn't be found. She had no desire to spend time dealing with the aftermath. Everyone would simply assume he'd been killed in the al'kesh along with the other Trust operatives.

To maintain Nes' connections, Sekhmet offered the Stargate program worthless information about Ba'al and his movements throughout the galaxy. She shared nothing of Anubis or her reasons for returning to Earth, of course, and then escaped their watchful eyes as quickly as she dared, returning to Athena to inform her of the messy resolution with The Trust. Athena would dutifully do as she was told, her fear of Sekhmet's threats to tell Ba'al about her failures within the Trust keeping her subservient.

And now was the time to act, the pair quickly snatching up the floundering operations left behind and focusing their efforts on the United States and the other countries that had teams at the Antarctica base. Sekhmet never said, but Athena must have realized, that the plan was to acquire the Ancient weapon in some way. Or at least get eyes on it and the Tau'ri research. It was all that held Anubis back from another attack, though Sekhmet preferred a more subversive strategy in gaining control of the planet.

She then received a communication from Ba'al that worried her. He had sent his representative Selkhet (the scorpion goddess who Sekhmet had always hated for daring to have a name so similar to her own) to offer the System Lords their lives if they pledged allegiance to him as the Supreme Commander of the Goa'uld. He would even allow them to keep their armies and administer over their territories, though under Ba'al's authority. He never heard back from Selkhet and when he sent a ship, not even the space station where the meeting had been held could be found. He was curious if the Tau'ri had any more information, but Sekhmet's monitoring had not revealed any knowledge of what had happened.

Still, it concerned her enough to make her way quickly back to Anubis' side. If an unknown enemy was indeed attacking their forces, she wanted to be near the one she expected to triumph. Anubis welcomed her with hostility, annoyed that she had left her duties in watching his underlord, but as she also came bearing news of her progress in obtaining the Ancient weapon on Earth, she was forgiven. His host's body had grown more grotesque in her time away, the sores and lesions spreading across his face, making it difficult for Sekhmet to not shirk away in disgust. The goa'uld preferred beauty and youth in their forms, but Anubis seemed unconcerned as long as the body functioned.

She learned quickly that the new threat was not simply another goa'uld, but the Replicators finally turning their attention to this galaxy. Carter had shared that her Replicator look-alike had tricked them and escaped and even Nes felt entitled to the "told ya so" Sekhmet mumbled under her breath. The human form Replicator then took over the entire Replicator swarm, using the information she'd gathered from the Tau'ri to make themselves immune to the weapons once able to defeat them.

And now they were ready to conquer a new galaxy.

They'd begun attacking goa'uld territories all over and were winning. Easily. At this rate, they would overrun any opposition in a matter of weeks, but Anubis seemed completely unconcerned, his plans beyond any of the worries of mere mortals. Sekhmet felt her own survival threatened, but it was still not enough to overcome the brainwashing that had occurred.

The only good thing to come of this, though it would be worthless and short lived, was the sheer numbers of jaffa re-pledging themselves to the service of the Goa'uld, seeing the Replicators as a plague of punishment for their disloyalty. Little good it would do them in the war, but their subservience still pleased Sekhmet. Should they find some way to defeat the scourge, they would be established firmly as gods again for generations to come.