CHAPTER 44.

Mechanical tendency pulled apart my eyes as panic set through me.

My back hits the bedhead as I glanced around the room I was now in and when I realize that I was only in my room, I calmed down, swallowing thickly as I tried to ease my beating heart.

I frowned as every memory from before resurfaces. Papi Zest, Nava, gun shots.. I gasp as I felt a pulse on my forehead from everything that was happening.

"Red, please calm down...here take this." I lift my head at the voice and stared over at Rafael who stood above my bed with a glass of water.

I grabbed it and took huge gulp to eased the dryness I felt behind my throat.

"What.."

I cleared my throat as a roughness gathered there. My eyebrows connected together as I removed the sheets from the unnecessary heat that was overtaking my form.

"What the hell happened?"

Rafael sat on the bed and with his curly hair pulled back into a low bun, he turn towards me and asked. "Why did you went to see Nava?"

"I went there because he said he wanted to see what I gathered from my investigation."

I frowned as Rafael rub both of his hands down his faced and breathe a long sigh. "I should have told you before and now things are fucked up. You could have died in that fire and I take full responsibility for it."

"What aren't you telling me."

He opened his mouth to tell me when we heard a round of gunshots surrounding the house.

For heaven sakes let me revive for one god-damn second.

We both flew off the bed and I grabbed up my gun from my handbag that was beside me and checked the magazine to make sure that I had enough bullets.

"I'll go down to check. Make sure that the others are safe." He whispered and I nodded.

I was dressed in a black leather leggings and black turtle neck crop top from earlier and with the weight of the pain still rushing through my body, I decided that time wasn't there for me to change into a much comfortable suit.

Barefooted, I bit my lip as I closed the door softly behind me, thanking God that it was night and as such the mansion lacked its light.

I became one with the corridor's darkness, making sure that I didn't make any shadows because then that would alert our intruders.

I didn't know what the fuck was happening and with my headache on full attack, it sent my blood pumping, annoyance flowing through my very blood stream as I flatten my back on the hall wall.

I drew both hands up and deployed the gun to my cheek.

It was quite too quite that it brought forth a tightening tension. I bend my head to watch around the corner, narrowing my eyes through the darkness for any movement.

And when I saw that no one was there, I stand on the tip of my toes and walked over to the other side of the hall where Xam's room was at.

I entered through the door and notice that the room was completely empty, thinking the worst, I searched the remaining rooms to see that everyone was gone.

"Fuck." I muttered.

I walked back the way I was coming from and began to descended the steps.

I was on high alert and as I took the last step, my breath stopped as I felt a breath on my neck with a muzzle of a gun now on my spine.

Cigarette dusted his breath as he spoke into my ear. "Lower your gun and put your hands up."

I calmly squatted as I placed the gun down. "Easssy..."

Stretching both of my hands up, I inwardly scoffed as he said. "Don't make any noise or else I'll pull the fucking trigger. Now tell me where the fuck is Lorenzo?"

Not in the mood for his questioning seeing that I clearly didn't have the answer to his question which he would think I'm lying and would therefore, dragged on the time I didn't have.

I twist on my foot which swing my body around towards him and then used both sides of my wrist to try to knock his gun out of his hand.

He glared down at me as I grip both of his hands which hold the gun but, like a real jerk, he predicted the move and wrap a hand around my neck and pulled my head down then snap my head into his forearm repeatedly.

The pain from my headache increased then and with my teeth grinding, I stretched out one of my legs in front, position it through his legs and wrap it around the back of his knee.

With enough adrenaline rushing through my system, I trip him which caused him to stumbled and I used his weakness as my strength to shoved him to the side which had him connecting his back on the stair case.

He twirl both hands into the air to stop his stumbling self but I rest my back on the wall, used the wall as momentum to push my body forward and then with a leg stretched out, I connected my foot to his chest.

It pushed him backwards which instantly had him falling over the stair case.

As he fell with a scream, I didn't stick around to find out how he died.

I quickly took up his gun, check his magazine which was full and then with two guns now in my hands, I step down the steps, using my senses to help me as my anger propelled.

The events from earlier today was still there and it was clear from Nava's behavior that the fucker had something up his sleeved.

He used me all this time for what?

What could he possible gained from all of this?

I grinned in sober as the words of my mother sounded into my mind.

She'd say that your friend is the one that wants to hurt you, your real enemy would never harm you.

Nava was River's bestfriend, I invited that bastard into my very home. Hang out with him and took his every motivation as comfort but then again you never know until you know.

I stumbled on the second floor, Rafael stood before me as he held his gun out on the balcony, his stance sharped and alert.

He stared over his shoulders as he heard me coming and told me to be quiet with his mouth as Lorenzo's deep tone echoed down below.

I knew if the Don saw me with a gun, he'd become suspicious so I rolled over on my side and settle on my stomach towards Rafael legs and questioned as I stared up at him.

"Where is Xam and the rest?"

He kept his eyes forward, the gun position in front of him as he stared down the at last floor.

"Lorenzo locked them in the safe room before everything turn to shits."

I glance down at the first floor and notice the five men who were all tied with hands behind their back, with black ski-masks over their head as they kneel.

Fire, Axel and Lorenzo stood before them and based on the Don's stiff posture I knew he was pissed the fuck off.

The windows on the first floor in the living room was shattered along with the couches which were thrown over and pierced with gun shots.

The whole room was a mess and I curiously asked. "Who are they and what the fuck is happening Rafael?"

He grunted. "I'll explain everything later just know that Nava is the enemy all along.."