CHAPTER 37.

"Get the jet ready, we'll be leaving in an hour."

I woke up to his heavy hoarse voice which was drugged with sleep. I eased my head up from the pillow and notice that it was still dark outside.

"Lorenzo." I yawned as my hip squeezed into a series of pain because of Xam's bad sleeping position.

She was snoring softly beside me with a leg thrown on Lorenzo's thighs, while she placed her other leg on my hip. Her arms were stretch out as well and I had to remove her palm out of my face.

"You need to wake Xam up, I'm taking you and her to New York for a work trip that will probably last for a few months." He turned his head, glance at me for a short time, then got up.

His back was now in my line of view. I was honestly tired, my eyes felt heavy as shit and to make matters worst my hip was pulsating.

Lorenzo eventually left as he sped talk in Italian and I woke Xam up and bring her to her room to shower.

I packed a travel bag with her clothes and other necessity then picked out a suit of clothes for her to wear on the jet.

I went back into my room and decided to just carry my suitcase.

Underneath the cold shower, I quickly showered and donned myself in a chocolate fringe leggings and a cream color hoodie.

I brush my hair and pulled it back into a low bun and whistle for Salt to run into my handbag. With it on my shoulder, I dragged the suitcase out of the room and took one last glance around the rustic room that has been my comfort for two months.

I smiled at the warm colors and closed the door behind me and my eyes connected with Lorenzo who held a sleeping Xam on his hips and her travel bag in his hand.

He was dressed in a black sweat pants suit as he flip the hoodie over his head, he finished the look with a pair of black and white air force one's.

"Have you ever been to New York before Aurora?" He asked as we left the mansion and went over to a glinted black Ferrari Roma, he tossed me the keys and I stop my walked as he pulled open the passenger side with Xam still on his side.

He glance over his shoulders and frowned. "What is it?"

"You're making me drive?"

"Yes, is that an issue." He narrowed his eyes, settle Xam on the seat and then pulled open the trunk to put his and Xam bags in.

"Don't tell me that you lied about that on the paper Aurora." He took my suitcase and settle it in and shut the trunk.

I shook my head to disagree. "No, No I can drive it's just that this throws me off guard."

He nodded. "Okay then what are you waiting for, come on we are behind on time."

I went around the steering and smile at the sleek red-leather seats, the car was filled with Lorenzo's scent and boy, was it mouthwatering.

He adjusted the seats to make space for his long legs and wrap a hand around Xam's back as he held her on his lap as she rested her head on his chest.

In that moment I could felt how lay back he was when he stared down at his daughter with loving eyes.

River could have that...but he's not here to ever experience how it would be like to be a father.

Girl not now, focus...

I press the bottom on the steering to kick start the ignition and then flick the head lights on in the darkness, which covered the road before me.

With my foot pressed down on gas, I propel the car forward and with that I took off down the road.

"Is it really necessary for Xam and I to tag along with you on this business trip?" I asked him, trying to snuff out answers from him and at the same to not make it obvious that I was intruding.

I eased out of gear to flew up the hill and the large amount of tress and land that was below me will never cease to amaze me.

"And by the way, why do you need this much land, a mean honestly, I don't think you need this much."

He chuckled and from the corner of my eyes, he stared at me for a long minute then shift his head forward.

"You need to slow down with your questions dolce, have you forgotten, I just got out of a very sexy sleep which might I add..."

He stretch his body over to me and press his lips on my ear. "Was all about your pussy smothering my face and taking away the very breath God bless me with which is on a daily basis."

Be strong girl, be strong...

"If you're trying to distract me Lorenzo, it'll not work."

He laughed as he settled back into his seat. "Damn, I swear to God I hope it was but to answer to your questions, yes I need you and Xam with me there for protection because most and if not all of my inner circle will be coming with me to New York."

"Inner circle? what do you mean by inner circle." I knew it was his most trusted men, but I had to play like I was his stay at home nanny and not an undercover cop that knew who he was.

He ignored the question and grunted.

"It wouldn't sit well with me knowing that I left you and Xam at home when I still have that bitch- a mean a posing enemy looking out for still, who could possibly strike at any time."

I press my lips together, and swallowed at the anger in his voice.

Fuck, I needed to be careful...

"And additionally, the land is for my personal economic reasons. I run an oil company and just underneath the soil of those acres, lies petroleum oil that I will be extracting soon for various business ventures."

I nodded and kept my mouth shut, my heart racing as I thought about the fact that I needed to be more mindful because now I understand when Rafael told me that Lorenzo will not stop until he has me.

And when he does, Lord have mercy on my soul if I allow this man to kill me before I finish what I started.