41-50

Chapter 41 A forest in a fairyland?

The sun is shining brightly, and everything is silent.

The breeze blows, and the ten-foot-long giant forest sways with the wind, the shadows of the trees dance, pieces of gold are scattered, the light shines, and the mist lingers in the forest, just like a fairyland.

Under the vast greenery, a bright pink and white shuttles through it. Compared with the surrounding towering trees, it looks like a small ant intruding into the land of giants. It is a wonderful sight.

In the dining car, Ning Yan sat bored by the window, staring at the oppressive, deep and silent forest in a daze.

It has been two full days since the pager disappeared, which means that the food truck has been traveling within the boundaries of Baoyan City for two days.

The unchanging forest outside the window was inexplicably quiet... If it weren't for map navigation, Ning Yan would have doubted whether the car was going in circles.

When she first entered the forest, she was quite happy. After all, Zuochuan was like a desert with not a single green plant in sight.

But... the same scenery becomes boring after looking at it for a long time, and there is still little change outside.

Ning Yan simply took out a book "Life Enlightenment" to read, and poured herself a cup of hot water.

The mist rises...dissipates.

Xiaomiao was hiding quietly in her dormitory. She didn't have to do business while she was on the road. It happened to be a holiday.

Xiaokui was squatting by the window and combing her fur. She had just eaten steamed prawns and cat food. She was very comfortable. After twenty days of feeding, she had grown at least 5cm in height. Her roundness was visible to the naked eye, which made the rabbit tube comment " "Thin" was changed to "Fat".

Ning Yan understood this. Which orange is not fat?

The car moves smoothly, and the time inside the car is quiet.

Suddenly, a black shadow quickly passed by outside the window, and with the sound of "swish...", Ning Yan quickly raised her head when she caught a glimpse of the black shadow, but when she took a closer look, there was nothing there.

Is it an illusion of her perspective? But the voice cant be an auditory hallucination!

Next to her, Xiaokui was also on alert, with her eyes and ears pointed out the window. Ning Yan opened the window and looked around.

Nothing

Ning Yan: Tu Guan, whats the situation?

[Rabbit Tube: Dont worry about the host, its just a wandering forest creature]

Ning Yan: ⊙w⊙? Are there actually living creatures in this forest? It's really strange

She went to the front of the car to check the navigation. The car logo moved in a green, and the destination was a small white area. The navigation shows that the current location is still more than 5 hours away from Baoyan City.

So...it is close to the human living area, and there are more other animals?

Ning Yan turned around and sat back at the table, ready to continue reading when the car suddenly stopped without warning.

She turned sideways and looked out the window. There were still woods on both sides of the dining car, and nothing happened. Looking behind the car, she saw only an empty mountain road in the woods.