71-80

Chapter 71 Meet the stubborn species again

I saw several cracks suddenly appeared on the originally flat and intact masonry wall, snaking menacingly across the city wall.

"Get out of here quickly and go downstairs!"

After Wu Chen said seriously, he climbed down the city wall. After seeing the root of the wall clearly, his heart suddenly fell to the bottom.

The same cracks appeared from the root of the wall to the top, and as expected, this was also the case on the inside of the city wall.

Father Wu and the other three hurriedly walked to him. When they saw the crack, they were all shocked and turned pale.

Wu's father said in a heavy tone, "Xiaochen, when we checked yesterday, the city wall was indeed intact, right?"

After saying that, Wu's father frowned as he stared at the "one finger wide" crack.

Although the ancient city was only built for a few months, no matter how bad the construction was, it would not collapse in three years. If it were caused by crustal movement, it would take at least several decades for it to be so wide...

Then there is only one reason left, the foundation collapses!

Wu Chen nodded slightly and said in a calm voice, "There was indeed none yesterday. It seems... they have already started to take action. Let's go, pack your luggage and go to the city later to settle down. We can't live here anymore."

Wu's father nodded happily, while Wu's mother and Wu Xia were slightly reluctant to leave. There was no such safe and well-defended residence in the city.

"Oh, don't be reluctant to let it go. If we continue to live here, if this wall collapses... we will be the ones being made into dumplings! Do you understand? Don't..."

When Wu's father saw the two of them lingering for a long time, he couldn't help but urge him. Wu's mother was annoyed by the nagging and rolled her eyes at him.

"I understand, I just feel it's a pity."

Compared to the regrets and worries of the three of them, Wu Chen was still slightly excited. Although the situation was serious, it was also an opportunity, an opportunity to win over others to escape.

Finally let him wait!

The city was not safe for Wu's father and the three of them, especially when he was away. Therefore, the four of them did not enter the city, but went straight to the bushes.

Calling out Chen Shu as usual, Wu Chen faced the dissatisfied look in his eyes and said bravely.

"The city wall is cracked. I have to go to the city to do some business. Can I ask you to take care of my parents and sister temporarily?"

After hearing this, Chen Shu paused slightly, his eyes gradually became heavy, and he lazily responded, "How long, and what's the reward?"

Wu Chen consciously took out the cloth bag and handed it to Chen Shu, "When it gets dark, I will take you to identify the road. There are also 30 second-level fire grasses."

"Deal." Chen Shu took the cloth bag and nodded happily after looking at it.

Seeing that she agreed, Wu Chen warned the three of them a few times and watched Chen Shu take them away. And he went straight to the central area, the gathering place for high-level superpowers.

Next to the dining car

Ning Yan sat by the window, her eyes scanning the crowd, listening to their chatter about trivial matters, and from time to time she would silently complain.