Kabanata 55 | The Dark Prince

𝐊𝐀𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐀 𝟓𝟓 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄

𝐈𝐊𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐀

Hideo desperately clings to the huge rock as he embraces the woman using his free hand. Mahapdi't makirot ang patusok na hulma ng bato na pilit niyang kinakapitan. His breath shakes as his other hand trembles, trying to draw the woman closer in an embrace.

Nanginginig ang buo niyang katawan dahil sa pag-agos ng dugo mula sa palad niyang nakakapit sa bato. Tumulo pa ito sa mukha niya pero hindi niya binitawan ang babae sa kaniyang bisig.

Pilit niyang kinapitan ang matulis na bato kahit na lumalalim lang ang sugat mula sa palad niya.

He can't let her go and would rather be in her place...

His heart skipped a beat as a boulder rolled toward his head. To protect the woman, he released his grip on the rock he was holding onto and embraced her in his arms.  Niyakap niya ito nang mahigpit at kinulong sa kaniyang bisig. Hideo tried to cast a protective spell around the woman, but his efforts were in vain as they landed on a hard and sharp rock.

Tumama ang ulo ni Hideo sa patusok na bato't nabiyak ang kaniyang ulo. Blood spilled from his head, staining the rock and the surrounding flowers with a deep red hue. Nakadilat siyang nakahilata habang ang babae sa bisig niya'y kahit galos ay walang nakuha.

Just like that, Hideo died on the cliff while the woman remained safe in his arms. . . And seconds later, he would resurrect again. . .  for cats indeed possess nine lives.

Carden stared at Hideo's face as he lay straight on the bed, his body covered in bandages. He clicked his tongue in disapproval and returned the gaze to the man sitting beside him, who was casually munching on peanuts.

''I thought you warned the woman about Tristan? Are you the one who gave him those explosive and silver rings, Dash?''

As Carden placed his black beret hat on the table, nuts filled with chocolate began to float out from it. Nanatiling nakalutang ang mga ito sa ere't kumuha ng isa. Pinitik niya ito sa ere't sinalo gamit ang kaniyang bibig.

"Isn't that your tasked? He told you to warn the woman when they were busy posting your missing posters, right?" Dash grinned. Tumaas ang kilay ni Carden at binalik ang ngisi ni Dash sa kaniya.

''How about you? Didn't he ask you to give the gun to the right person?'' Carden fired back. Humalakhak si Dash at kumuha ng isang lumulutang na mani sa ere. Dash chewed it and was mesmerized by the chocolate filling of the nut.

"I offered the gun to the right person," Dash paused and leaned on the table with his arms crossed. "But fate happened. Will Luthor came and brought It for a high price."

"And? What will you do If something unexpected happens—" Carden hissed.

Dash cut him off by clapping loudly. "Well, Hideo is here to save the day. What a poor black cat!—"

"Oh, no! Didn't just Hideo lose one of his nine lives to save the woman?" Carden titled his head.

"You talk big as If you didn't transfer one of your lives to the woman when she almost died when she was nine years old—"