Kabanata 32 | Bon Voyage

𝐊𝐀𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐀 𝟑𝟐 | 𝐁𝐎𝐍 𝐕𝐎𝐘𝐀𝐆𝐄

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍

𝘒𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘶𝘩𝘰𝘬 𝘪𝘵𝘰! 𝘔𝘶𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘯𝘢 𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘪 𝘯𝘢 𝘮𝘢𝘶𝘶𝘭𝘦𝘵!

Napasabunot na lang ng buhok si Atlas dahil sa bago niyang gupit. When he looked outside, they are greeted by a high wall and huge trees. Tulak-tulak naman ni Sanzo mula sa kaniyang mga kamay ang wheelchair ni Will Luthor.

In every push he makes to his wheelchair, all they can hear are the breaking of twigs and dried leaves. Puno ng mga nahulog na dahon ang maputik na lupa na tila ba walang sino ang nakakatapak at naglilinis sa lugar na ito. Only a fool would mantain and clean this area, this is a forbidden boundary after all.

"The rumors are right, we are here in the boundary of Kazva and Shakrila," he paused and scanned their surroundings. They are greeted by tall trees higher than any buildings in the modern world as if the place on the other side shouldn't be seen. "And according to books, we will be crossing a town called Tibbanus."

Sanzo glances back at Will Luthor because it's not new that he knows explicit informations. Isang nagtatakang tingin naman ang pinukol ni Atlas kay Will Luthor.

"I heard that a town called Tibbanus is the closer place to the boundary between Kazva and Shakrila." Will Luthor glances at the leaves on his paralyzed feet. "Judging by these leave's colors, it's been one year since they fell. And it looks like during the last fall. Men in places near the boundary sweep every day yet no one dared to go to this place probably because they are afraid to be punished."

"Woah. You even know the age of a leaf?" Sanzo mumbled in disbelief. "Iba talaga ang nagagawa ni Will on the Wheel!"

Will Luthors scoff. "Of course, that's easy but the life span of a leaf varies. Did you observe why some herbs are easily disposed of? Kazva's lack of spices and herbs is the reason why some men cross this boundary to get herbs from the other side." He added.

However, spices and herbs aren't the only reason why men from Kazva go to Shakrila. Their primary reason is to hunt men from Shakrila

Will Luthor's words caught Atlas off guard. Aminado siyang wala siyang masyadong alam dahil hindi naman siya katulad ng kaniyang kapatid na laging nasa labas. In the back of his mind, he thought that maybe his twin, Adonis crosses the boundary a lot of times. Who knows? Hindi niya nga alam kung ano'ng klase ang trabaho ang pinasok nito.

"Why are we here?" Atlas's curiosity is making him hungry for answers. What does Adonis do for a living?

Only Sanzo shoots him a confused look. ''You're the one who told us about the boundary, Adonis. You're aware that Shakrila makes the best spices, right?'' he added.

Will Luthor chuckles and his voice darkens. ''Sanzo, didn't you notice? That man isn't Adonis...''

Atlas was caught off guard because Will Luthor finally revealed his identity while giving him a piercing gaze. While Sanzo stares at him ceased forehed. The truth is he didn't intended to crash his twin's privacy this far. Gusto niya lang malaman kung ano'ng totoong trabaho nito. Ngunit hindi niya rin inaasahan na mapupunta sa ganitong sitwasyon. And now, he realized that they went here in the boundary for a reason.