Kabanata 49 | Black Cat

𝐊𝐀𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐀 𝟒𝟗 | 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐂𝐀𝐓

𝐈𝐊𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐀

"Who owns this cat?" Nakataas ang kilay ni Atlas nang silipin niya ang laman ng carton. Sa loob nito'y isang itim na pusa ang natutulog sa loob. Pinatungan nila ng malambot at malinis na tela ang carton para magsilbing kama nito.

''Ano 'yan?'' Sanzo peeked inside the box too while holding a cut piece of sausage. Pinatong niya ito sa tabi ng pusa ngunit agad na umiling si Top bilang tugon. They had been feeding the black cat various foods, specifically freshly cooked ones. However, it seemed like the cat desired specific expensive foods.

''The cat doesn't like that,'' Will Luthor moves his wheels and positions himself before them. ''He only liked slices of ham and boneless fish.''

''A cat that only eats ham and boneless fish? Aba't mas sosyal pa ang mga kinakain sa akin!'' Sanzo commented, unable to believe it. To buy a whole ham, he would need to work for four weeks, yet this cat ate it daily?

''Mapili siguro sa pagkain! Maybe the cat is a girl.'' Atlas narrowed his eyes. Pati siya'y labis din na nagtaka sa sinambit ni Will Luthor. He tried to hold the cat's paw, but suddenly it opened its eyes and hissed at him.

''No. The cat is a boy,'' Will Luthor corrected. Maingat niyang hinaplos ang katawan ng natutulog na pusa. It purred and place its paw on his finger.

''Ba't naman ayaw magpahawak sa akin!'' Atlas pouted. Lihim na napangiti si Will Luthor because of his companion's reaction.

Since he found the cat on the streets, he's the one who took care of it. Ang totoo'y hindi maganda ang kalagayan nito nang una niya itong makita. He found a black cat with a broken leg, but it had a bandage as if someone had taken care of it first. Umuulan ng ito'y makita niya at nanginginig kaya naman ay kinuha niya.

While Top was busy smoking outside and cutting onions, it was past lunchtime, and this was the first time they would eat a proper meal together. Meanwhile, Luthor had just received a commission to teach at orphanages. It made him happy. The offer from the orphanage made him happy because he also wanted to teach.

Ang perang natanggap niya'y naisip niyang ibili ng kanilang makakain. His 20th birthday is fast approaching. Ito rin ang unang beses na maghahanda siya ng kaniyang kaarawan kasama ng ibang tao.

''Are you fine? May gusto kang kunin?'' Sanzo offered to help Will Luthor when he observed that he was moving his wheels again. Mukhang may gusto itong kunin sa kanilang cabinet.

''Yeah,'' Will Luthor almost whispered. Muli itong humugot ng malalim ni hininga bago igalaw ang gulong ng kaniyang wheelchair. Beads of sweat were already visible on his forehead.

''Let me help ya.'' Sanzo pushed his wheelchair, and then they went straight to the front of the cabinet.

When they came to a stop, he opened the lollipop that he had bought together with Atlas. It was true, the weird-looking man with orange hair had been telling the truth. Sanzo had never seen a lollipop like this before. He parted his lips and immediately shoved the lollipop into his mouth. Napatango na lang siya dahil hindi niya akalain na kakaiba ang lasa.

''Hey, this tastes good!'' He popped the lollipop out of his mouth and raised it in Atlas' direction.

''Weh? Makabili nga!'' Atlas commented while attempting to pet the black cat in the box.