Kabanata 2 | Cursed Men

𝐊𝐀𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐀 𝟐 | 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐄𝐍

𝐈𝐊𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐀

Shakrila was a continent where women held power and were worshipped for their healing abilities and ability to bear children, while men played a subservient role. However, a devastating virus swept through the land, causing the death of all women and leaving the continent in mourning and disarray.

As the surviving men grappled with their newfound responsibilities, they sought to preserve the essence of Shakrila's ancient wisdom and traditions in a world without the guiding presence of women.

Maraming dekada na ang lumipas nang mamatay ang huling babae na namuhay sa Shakrila. Ang pagkawala ng mga kakabaihan din ang dahilan ng pagkalitaw ng kontinente ng Kazva; ang kontinente na kung ituring nila'y puno ng sumpa't hinnanakit.

"Have you already decided? If it's true that she is a woman... do you want her as your birthday gift?" Uno looked up at the man who was talking behind him and was met with a pair of dark blue eyes.

In front of him stood a man, his biceps exposed as he crossed his arms. Nakasandal ito sa pader habang hinihintay kung ano man ang kaniyang magiging sagot. Agad na umiwas ng tingin si Uno habang abalang nagbabasa ng isang makapal na aklat.

"I'm not interested, Zander." He turned his back on him. Nilipat niya ang pahina ng binabasang aklat. "I have a lot of things in mind," he added.

"You need to remember. Your 25th birthday is tomorrow. Gusto naming may maibahaging hindi mo makakalimutan, Uno. You are just my cousin but I treat you as my older brother. Gusto kong kahit ngayon lang ay maibalik ko sa iyo lahat ng binigay mo sa akin," Zander almost whispered. May kung ano'ng kirot ang kaniyang puso.

"Wala kang utang na loob. Its my responsibility to raise you, cloth you, and give you education because I'm the oldest among all. This is our culture. Huwag mong tanawin bilang utang na loob ang mga bagay na dapat namang gawin." As expected, Uno's tone didn't change. Nakatingin lamang ito sa hawak ng aklat.

Zander raised his eyebrow and observed his cousin's body language. He didn't know why he was reading, yet his 25th birthday was fast approaching. If Zander were in Uno's position, he would relax, spend money, and do everything he could to find pleasure.

"Aren't you curious what it feels to touch and kiss a woman? Hindi mo ba naisip? She smells different too... and her hair, it smells like an unfamiliar and addictive scent." Napailing na lamang si Zander. Nang makita niya ang babaeng 'yon ay labis din siya nagtaka. Sadyang may kakaiba sa kaniyang itsura.

At first, he didn't believe her when she said that she was a woman... but the fact that her clothes were different and she spoke in a language they couldn't comprehend proved that she wasn't just a woman... she came from another world too.

"Aminin mo na, Uno. Gusto mong siya ang iregalo sa iyo. Hindi mo ba naisip? Sa dami ng kontinente rito sa Shakrila ay sa atin pa siya napunta. Maybe its your destiny to have her," Zander smirks.

''Women aren't objects. Hindi sila bagay na dapat iregalo, Zander. What are you talking about?'' Uno said. Zander's lips rose up upon hearing his cousin's remarks. It is expected that he will react like this. Nakasandal lamang siya sa pader habang nakatingin sa mukha ng kaniyang pinsan.