Kabanata 25 | Vrenniomar

𝐊𝐀𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐀 𝟐𝟓 | 𝐕𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐑

𝐓𝐈𝐀𝐑𝐀

"I hope that you're ready, my child. Our journey will never be easy, but as you step onto our island, I hope you'll love the salty air and fresh waves." The high priest started explaining reminders but I couldn't keep myself listening. Inaalalayan ko ang sarili kong maglakad dahil hindi suwak ang mga sapatos na suot ko.

Masikip din sa dibdib ang inner shirt ko. I feel like everyone is staring at me because the curves on my hips is very visible because of the trousers that I was wearing. Pinilit ko ang sariling hindi pansinin ang mga tingin na pinupukol nila. I have no choice but to stare at the High Priest's back and pretend that I was listening to him.

What was his full name again? It's C.A., right? Cohen Azlaec If I'm not mistaken.

''Are you nervous, my child?'' I blinked the moment he diverted his attention to my face. Isang tipid na ngiti ang binigay ko. It took me more than 5 minutes to realize that he was asking something.

''Why po,'' I asked innocently.

He immediately looked away and I heard him chuckle while staring in front. Kahit ano'ng tago niya sa tawa niya ay maririnig at maririnig ko talaga. Napanguso naman ako dahil pakiramdam ko'y tinatago niya ang pagtawa niya. I wonder why he often chuckles when I respond. Here he goes again, with his handsome chuckles.

"Didn't they tell you that Vrenniomar is a town surrounded by water? I hope that you don't mind me sweating all day because the weather here is different, my child." He fixed his high collar. Medyo hindi ko na pinansin ang sinabi niya. A town surrounded by water? This world never fails to amuse me. Feel ko tuloy ay madami pa akong makikita rito.

Bumagal ang lakad niya kaya nama'y halos magkatabi na kami. I distanced myself because I needed to set boundaries. While staring at his face, I tried to find his so-called sweat. Ngunit sa iba't-ibang sulok ng mukha ni father lumakbay ang mga mata ko. My eyes traces the moles on his neck. I can't help but to I blowed a piece of hair from my face.

Siguro kung nakatira siya sa mundo ko'y madami nang nagkandarapa't aattend ng misa tuwing linggo. Mapapa- Yes, I do, father ka talaga.

''Is Vrenniomar related to the 50 men?'' I gulped a big air. ''Are you one of them?'' Gusto kong sampalin ang bunganga kong walang preno. However, instead of getting offended because of my question, he scans my face.

''No,'' he answers bluntly. ''But the most important man for me belongs to the 50 men that you need to save. Perhaps, he's even the one who came up with the proposal. The townspeople suggested 100 or even higher for one night, but that special man for me fought that treating you like an animal is a big insult to that woman who lived a long time ago.'' Hindi ako nakapagsalita sa mga narinig ko't tahimik na nagpasalamat dahil mabuti na lang ay naisip nila 'yon.

We continued walking until we came back from Solomon's place. Magkasalubong lamang ang mga kilay ko dahil hindi ko alam kung bakit dito ako dinala. I stared at the High Priest, trying to find answers on why we stopped in Solomon's place but he stood in his position like he was waiting for someone.

''Do you mind if we meet someone here, my child?'' Nang titigan niya ako ay nag-iwas na ako ng tingin at tumango bilang tugon. I kept my head low and stared at the ground. It came from the High Priest too that he doesn't belong to the 50 men that I need to heal, it means that I need to set boundaries.