Kabanata 47 | Judas & The Banquet

𝐊𝐀𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐀 𝟒𝟕 | 𝐉𝐔𝐃𝐀𝐒 & 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐓

𝐈𝐊𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐀

Since Tiara received Uno's request to be his Host, she started receiving bitter stares from other men. Instead of dwelling on these men with fragile egos, she just ignored them. It isn't her fault that Uno chose her. Hindi niya rin naman pinangarap.

"But I'm only good in arnis. Papahawak pa nila ako ng totoong espada?" She whispered in disbelief while fixing her bed.

Napailing na lang siya dahil wala rin naman mangyayari sa pag-iisip niya. If there are things that are not under your control, they are no longer your problem. She sighs and opened the screen door to freshen a bit. Pagod na nga ang katawan niya'y puno pa ng mga bagay-bagay ang utak niya.

Arthur's return means that she didn't need to pretend to be Anthonus' love. Additionally, the King believed that it was Arthur who had been in Vrenniommar all along. Ngayon ay ang tanging nasa isip ni Tiara ay kung ano ang mga susunod niyang hakbang.

Arthur told her to ignore these men because they were nothing but close-minded ones who couldn't accept that a woman was better than them. She was bothered at first, but ultimately, she couldn't care less. Alam niyang wala siyang ginawa't desisyon ni Uno ito. They pulled off the screening. And it was obvious to the public that she was Uno's choice.

She needed to wield various weapons, you say? But her only achievement so far has been participating in screenings at the Arnis Club, which wasn't enough to wield a real sword.

"I'll just request a wooden sword first." She shrugged. Dumungaw siya sa labas ng bintana at napansin ang isang lalaki na nakaupo sa malayo. The man was smoking and she noticed that it was Zex all along. Mukhang kanina pa ito nakaupo sa labas ng kaniyang silid.

When Tiara went outside, Zex immediately hid the cigarette he was puffing. Tinago niya ito sa kaniyang likod at ngumiti ng pilit sa kaniya. The dark circles under his eyes are very noticeable, as well as his puffy eyes.

"Hey," Zex approached her first. He waved away the smoke from his cigarette. Umupo ng dalagita sa tabi nito. She comforted him in silence.

"Hey, I was looking for a black cat," she whispered and looked away.

Tiara raised the jelly stick and waved it to attract the attention of the cat, wherever it might be. Simula nang ibigay ang ang puting pusa kapalit ng vial ay aminado siyang tila nagkasala siya. She felt guilty and couldn't sleep at nights. Hanggang sa habang naglalakad siya'y isang panibagong pusa ang kaniyang nakita.

Yet while walking on the sands of this island, she also noticed a black cat that acted differently from the two cats she had found earlier.

''Do you know what it means when you see a cat in this world?'' Zex gave her a direct look and pursed his lips.

He hid the cigarette behind him as if waiting for her response. Umiling ang dalagita't isang ngiti na lang ang pinukol niya dahil kung ano man ang sagot sa tanong niya'y mas mabuting ang dalagita na lang ang makaalam.

''Are you okay?'' She pursed her lips because she felt like it was awkward. Bumaba ang tingin niya at napansin niyang tila tinatago nito ang kaniyang paninigarilyo. ''You smoke?''