26

"Get in, Quick!" Hyunjin yelled as he opened the car door for Matthew. Matthew furrowed his brows in confusion when he saw Hyunjin walking towards him. Hyunjin quickly held his hand as he walked back to his car with Matthew.

"What happened? Is something wrong?" Matthew worriedly asked as Hyunjin drove. Hyunjin ruffled his hair as he sped up.

"The hospital called, Zhanghao left without their consent. I know he's going to do something drastic"

"Huh?! He left?" Hyunjin nodded. "The last time we saw, he told me he was going to handle things with Hanbin. Gosh I hope he hasn't done something stupid" Hyunjin said and Matthew's heart fell.

As they drove, Zhanghao and Hanbin's house came into view. Matthew's eyes furrowed when he noticed something. "Huh?..Isn't..that smoke?" He muttered.

Hyunjin quickly parked his car. The gate was wide open and they ran straight in.

"What the hell" Hyunjin muttered as he saw how so much smoke was coming out from their house.
He quickly went to the door and tried opening it but it was locked.

"It's locked..I think there's a fire inside" Hyunjin said and Matthew's eyes widened. "W-Wait..I'll call for help, you can't go in there" Matthew said, frantically bringing out his phone.

Hyunjin shook his head, ignoring Matthew as he banged his shoulder against the door repeatedly.
"Stop! You'll hurt yourself, help is on the way already!" Matthew yelled but Hyunjin ignored him.

The door banged open making Hyunjin almost fall in. His eyes widened at the horror before him. Everything was on fire.

"Hao!!" He yelled and winced when the heat from the fire almost knocked him down. He covered his nose and carefully walked in.

He felt his head get dizzy just from the heat and smoke. He quickly shook his head to regain his consciousness.

He squinted his eyes when he saw something.
The fire hadn't gotten to that side so he avoided the flames and walked. His eyes widened when he saw
an unconscious Zhanghao on an unconscious Hanbin.

He ran to them and quickly held Zhanghao.
"Hao..Hao.." He muttered as he tapped his cheeks.
Zhanghao didn't respond and Hyunjin quickly took off his jacket, covering Zhanghao's head.

He then carried Zhanghao and his eyes met Hanbin.
He was tied up pretty bad to the chair. Hyunjin knew he had no time up his sleeves, if he wasn't any more time, they would all be gone.

He quickly turned and left Hanbin alone, carefully making his way out of the house with Zhanghao.
Once he got out, he fell on his knees in fatigue and placed Zhanghao on the ground.

Matthew quickly rushed to them. He grabbed Zhanghao's hand, touching his wrist to check for his pulse. Hyunjin coughed as he hopefully looked at Matthew. Matthew sighed and nodded at him.

"His pulse is still stable. He must have passed out from the smoke and heat." Matthew said.
"Do you have any water in your car?" Matthew asked and Hyunjin shook his head making Matthew curse.

"Hanbin...Hanbin's still inside" Hyunjin said and Matthew looked at him. "He's tied up to a chair and he's unconscious, when will the fire department come? The fire will soon catch up to him—

"So? He's the most deserving of it. If anything he needs now, is death. He should die for all I care"
Matthew spat in despise as he glared at Hyunjin.

Hyunjin rubbed his stinging neck and sighed.
"We still need to help him, The law will punish his sins, not us."

"Mm okay. Then go in. You want to be the savior right? Go in and save him knowing you won't come out alive" Matthew snapped and looked away from Hyunjin. Hyunjin didn't want to argue so he looked away, thinking of a safer way to save him.

Just then a loud explosion came from inside the house. "Yah! Hurry and call them again! He's going to die!" Hyunjin yelled at Matthew.

Matthew took out his phone and put his screen facing Hyunjin, he then switched off his phone.

"Then let him. He doesn't deserve to breathe the same air we humans breathe, he's a fucking monster" Matthew said and a smile slowly came on his face.

Hyunjin looked at Matthew in disbelief. He wanted to call too but his phone was in the car.

Matthew ignored Hyunjin and slowly carried Zhanghao. "It seems you care more about him than Zhanghao. You can stay here and wait for the ambulance, I'll take Hao hyung to the hospital"
Matthew said.

He turned and walked out with Zhanghao.
Hyunjin bit his lips, contemplating, he didn't want to Hanbin there. Although Hanbin had done many wrongs, he wasn't inhuman to let him die.

"Fuck fuck fuck.." He muttered and hit the floor in frustration before rushing back in.

-

Matthew switched off the tv and paced back and forth. He ruffled his hair and sighed. He turned and looked at Zhanghao on the hospital bed.

He clicked his tongue and sat back down.

"Matthew?"

Matthew's head quickly shot up when he heard his name. He saw Zhanghao looking at him. He scurried to his bed, taking his hand in his. "Hyung.."

Zhanghao looked around and looked back at Matthew. "Why am I in the hospital?– no, why did you bring me here?" Zhanghao asked and took away his hand from Matthew.

Matthew hit Zhanghao's arm in anger.
"Yah Hyung! Why would you do something so stupid? Were you trying to get yourself killed?!"

"Yes and? So? I didn't beg you to save me, I did it to not be saved" Zhanghao said and Matthew looked at him in disbelief.

"Do you know how serious this is? Have you seen the news? It's everywhere! It hasn't even been a day and it's everywhere! Don't you see the consequences of your actions?!" Matthew yelled. How can he be so careless with his life?

He angrily turned the tv back on, it was currently displayed on the news. "See! Do you now understand how you put your life to threat?" Matthew yelled but Zhanghao didn't reply him.

His eyes were stuck on the screen. "Y-Yah Matthew...why..why does the headline say that?" Zhanghao muttered. Matthew turned his head to the screen.

'Two bodies discovered on site at the fire outbreak in the Residence of the Sung tycoons'

Matthew's eyes widened when he read the lines over and over again. Zhanghao chuckled and ruffled his hair. "I mean, Yes it's mean to be two bodies..I and Hanbin...I'm here so... Matthew" Zhanghao's face fell in realization.

"Where's Hyunjin?"