Chapter 34

(Your POV)

Your eyes glaze over as you gasp for air.

It's as if an invisible noose is tightening around your throat.

Minho ceases all movement, his frame becoming rigid as you struggle to take a breath. He pulls his hand away from your waist before abruptly standing up to take a step back, his mouth twisting as if the sight of you suddenly perturbed him.

Minho's unfamiliar touch that made its way up to your hip had sent panic coursing through your body and it momentarily plunged you back into the memory of that night in the laundry room. Daehan's snide expression resurfaced in your mind without warning and it made you want to retch.

When the terror that paralyzed you slowly subsides with the distance Minho created, you focus on getting air back into your lungs and even manage to keep the bile down.

Your restrained arms cramp up from the sudden strain the adrenaline had on your muscles a moment ago. You try to readjust your torso into a better position for your sore limbs but the angles of the metal chair only further dig into them.

"The hell is wrong with you," Minho mutters without meeting your gaze.

You suck in a sharp gulp of cool air.

... Is there something wrong with me?

To react so intensely, it's never been this way before...

You glance down at your lap miserably, realizing how you had no control over your reaction. The truth of the matter was... the assault that occurred weeks ago had affected you deeply, much more than you ever wanted to admit. And you haven't wanted to face that reality because you never really came to terms with it.

That night... I could've been raped, you're finally able to tell yourself. That... sick scumbag Daehan—he tried to rape me. This is his fault.

"Forget it," Minho cuts in abrasively, rescinding the chance for you to explain when you remain silent. Not that you wanted to explain anything to him in the first place.

There's nothing wrong with me...

You clench your teeth angrily.

Nothing's wrong with me.

"Fuck you," you grit out.

Minho peers down at you from his full height, a brow raising in subtle astonishment. He lets out a soft sound that falls somewhere between a scoff and a laugh.

You press your dry lips together bitterly. "This... this isn't right... this is wrong."

"Is it really within your place to be saying that to me?" Visible irritation flickers across his hardened expression.

"It is," you bite back, glaring up at him, "because I've never wronged you. I'm tired of being made a victim and I'm tired of letting you torment and intimidate me when I haven't done anything to you, Minho. I meant it when I said I was sorry for what you've gone through and... and the events that led to your sister ending her life is horrible, but I had nothing to do with her death—nothing... and you fucking know that!"