Chapter 5

"Hey, you didn't accept my drink earlier." Someone ambushes you as you're leaving the club's restroom and corners you against a wall.

Fingers run through the hair framing your face, tucking it behind your ear.

You recognize him and the black shirt. Boy, you sure hope this guy didn't think he was being charming right now.

"Don't touch me." You slap his hand away, trying to push past him.

"Hey, I'm talking to you." He uses his shoulder and arm to cage you back in.

You cringe. He reeks of alcohol, not that it excuses his disgusting behavior.

"Girls like you need to be taught something," he says, moving impossibly closer to you. You immediately feel a new surge of anger when his thumb begins to trace your collarbone, eventually finding its way underneath the strap of your tank top.

"You don't treat men like that when they're interested in you," he murmurs demeaningly, pushing the strap down your shoulder.

You can feel lips brush against your cheek.

Fucking scum.

You give him a good shove to get him off of you, and your right fist goes flying.

It's honestly a good hit, right in the jaw.

He staggers backwards, holding his face. "Wh—what the fuck!" he curses, wincing.

You let out a sharp breath. That felt good. Maybe some unresolved anger issues on your end, but who better to take it out on than this egotistical creep?

"You think I won't report you for sexual harassment? And you go to our school, don't you?"

He seems shocked by the question, but you never even mentioned which school so he certainly is not the brightest bulb. You doubt he actually attends the same one as you.

"Hope this was worth your possible expulsion," you mutter, looking up at the ceiling to point out the security camera in the corner. "I'll be submitting a recording as evidence."

Yup, if I ever find out which school you go to, scumbag.

The scumbag, as you decided to name him, looks pissed holding his jaw. But he still seems relatively shocked to say or do anything more.

You pull your strap back up and give him the most disgusted look before undoing the hair he had tucked behind your ear.

The calmness you exude does not exactly match your pounding heart as you walk away.

Minjoo was waiting for you by the stairs while you used the restroom, and you're actually glad she wasn't here to see this. Knowing her, she'd feel terrible about bringing you out tonight only for it to end on a bad note.

But you are done with tonight. And more than ready to get the hell out of here.

◈ ◈ ◈

The cab makes a stop near Minjoo's parents' house. Like you, she also lives on campus but wanted to stay with her parents for the weekend—something you could not relate to. Your parents probably didn't even want you back home at this point.

Minjoo gives you a firm goodbye hug in the car, saying how clubs were more stressful than she imagined. You nod as you both agree to go to a chill, sit down bar next time.

"But hey, we're no longer nightclub virgins," she says, triumphantly.

You laugh at the ridiculous sentiment. "Text me when you get inside," you say as a reminder.