Chapter 13 - Halloween 🎃

(Hyunjin's POV)

As it was promised, Hyunjin did not receive any calls from his superiors the last few days. He was task-free (which felt odd), and for the first time in a very long time, he had time to sit down and pull out an old, dusty sketchbook from his desk.

It's been a while since he's been able to draw for pleasure—a pastime he's never been able to keep up with due to the little spare time he's had.

As he begins skillfully moving his pencil along the sketchbook paper, his train of thought eventually leads to you. It's been over a week, but he still smiles thinking back to the time at the arcade. He had actually enjoyed being there with you.

His smile slowly fades when he figures he's probably made you hate him.

But he knew he had done the right thing. You were genuinely a nice person and he didn't want to keep pretending to be your friend any more.

Hyunjin exhales as he tries to forget everything. He allows his creativity take over as the pencil in between his fingers glides freely, the strokes adding up to form an obscure image.

Buzz.

His phone on the desk lights up with a name he recognizes.

...Felix?

Oh. He forgot that the blonde had asked for his number back then at the bar. Felix texted him that same night to make sure you had been dropped off safely, and that was the last time they had communicated.

But why was he texting now?

Hyunjin sets the pencil down, curiously reaching over to pick up his phone.

┌ ————————1:30pm————————┐
    [Felix]
      You're coming to the campus
Halloween party tonight,
right? It's gonna be outdoors
just fyi.

[Hyunjin]
    Hey Felix. Sorry, I don't
                                 think I'll be going.

    [Felix]
What? You have to! Plus
      your friend said he'd be
      coming tonight and wanted
to see you. Said he lost
contact with you for some
      reason?

[Hyunjin]
                                             My friend?

    [Felix]
      Yeah, Minho?

    [Felix]
He came up to us earlier
asking about you. Idk how
      he knew we're all friends,
      but he seemed pretty cool : )
      And I thought it'd be fun if
      we all hung out tonight!
└—————————————————-———┘

Hyunjin tenses up reading the text.

Minho?

He frowns, deeply confused. What the hell was going on?

┌ ————————1:34pm————————┐
[Hyunjin]
                                           I'll be there.

    [Felix]
Great! We'll meet you at
        the main courtyard @8.
└—————————————————-———┘

◈ ◈ ◈

(Hyunjin's POV)

Hyunjin arrives on school grounds to find the place decked out with various Halloween decorations. The large courtyard was riddled with jack-o-lanterns, fake cobwebs with spiders, and students dressed in costumes.