Chapter 17

It's almost noon.

You've been dully staring at the tv, not really paying attention to the show that's on. Being nestled on the couch under a fuzzy blanket like this makes you feel wilted—like a neglected plant that has lost it's vitality.

Three days have passed since you've shut yourself indoors, not making much of an effort to enjoy the beginnings of winter break. Everything just felt... off. You didn't want to see anyone or do anything—it was like you'd never be motivated to socialize ever again.

Okay, maybe that's a little melodramatic, but point being... you wanted to be alone. For now.

And like always, you chose to bottle things up, not telling a soul about what had happened a few nights ago. You didn't even go to the police this time, recalling how unhelpful they were when you last reported the incident with the psycho. Plus, you really didn't feel like garnering a reputation as 'the girl who keeps getting assaulted on campus'. You'd hate to become the school's topic of pity, or worse—cruel rumors. But most of all, you didn't want to worry your friends by confiding in them when they were busy getting ready to go out of town, or had already left.

Your shoulders flinch when a sudden knock on the door disturbs the peace. You stare up at it bleakly, trying to find any semblance of a will to get up and maybe go see who it is.

Or perhaps you should just stay quiet and they'd eventually go away. You liked this idea more.

And so you wait, not moving from your warm spot.

Just when the lack of knocking has you thinking you've succeeded, the phone buzzes next to you.

┌ ————————11:11am——————--—┐
[Hyunjin]
Open up. I can hear the tv.
└—————————————————-———┘

You frown at the text. Huh?

Pushing the blanket off, you begin trudging over to the entryway. Realizing you're still in your night shirt and shorts, your eyes dart to the closet and briefly consider changing clothes, but the extra effort it'd take deters you. Instead, you grab a cardigan hanging from a chair and drape it around your shoulders.

Unlocking and pulling the door open, you find Hyunjin standing there looking handsome as ever in an ivory sweater and a brown wool coat. Boy, you feel like an utter slob in comparison.

"Cute," he says, eyeing your pajamas.

"Stop." You huff, crossing your arms to keep warm. "What're you doing here?"

"I'm hungry. Let's go get lunch."

"You came over unannounced just to ask me to lunch?" 

"Mhm." He walks closer, and your face nearly collides into his chest as he welcomes himself into your entryway. You take a step back to regain some personal space.

"Gee, come on in," you grumble sarcastically.

"Thanks." He pushes the door shut using his back. "So," Hyunjin pauses, tilting his head and honing in on your messy, unbrushed hair. "Did you eat? Or brush your hair?"

Your frown deepens. "No, I haven't been hungry." You ignore his remark about your hair.

"Well, go get dressed. I want black bean noodles."

You groan, turning on your heels to go tidy up the couch. Grabbing the blanket, you fold it into a neat square to set it aside. Just because you resembled a slob didn't mean your place had to as well.

"I really just wanna stay in today," you say flatly.

Hyunjin ambles over and comfortably plops down on your small couch, looking up at you with... a pout? A smirk? You can't decide, but either way, it should be illegal for his lips to even do that.