Chapter 4

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

You find yourself walking over to your door from the couch.

That sound...

You peer through the peephole, holding your breath as your palms rest against the cold, metal door.

There's no one there.

Carefully unlocking the deadbolt, you pull the door open just enough to poke your head out. You look out into the hallway, both directions.

No one.

It's quiet.

You retreat back inside, confused.

But just as you're pushing the door closed, a gloved hand appears from the other side, fingers wrapping around the edge rather sinisterly.

You stumble back in surprise, and your mistake allows the hand to fully push open the door, revealing an unknown figure standing in silence.

He wears all black, head to toe. Black clothes, black hat, black mask, black gloves, and black shoes.

You're frozen as the masked intruder walks it and shuts the door behind him, trapping you in the dorm room with him.

You try to run towards the bathroom, the only place to lock yourself in. But the stranger lunges forward and grabs you from behind, and your screams are cut short when a hand comes up to cover your nose and mouth.

You can smell and taste the leather glove as you violently struggle against the assailant.

You fight back with every ounce of strength you have, but your body feels heavy.

It just doesn't move like you want it to.

You're scared.

You wake in bed, drenched in cold sweat.

It's disorienting, and you sit up to look around, scanning the dark room for signs of anything alarming.

Nothing is out of place, and everything is still.

Hoping the window by your bed could provide some light, you hook a finger in between the horizontal blinds and pull down to reveal a sliver of the outside world.

It's dark out, but daybreak seems to be on the horizon.

You fall back on your pillow, hand resting against your forehead.

A nightmare...

You're not a stranger to them, but it certainly has been a while since you last had one.

But never in your dreams had someone physically grabbed you like that, even in the worst of nightmares. Perhaps you're still unconsciously worried about what happened last week.

You turn onto your side, tucking a hand under your cheek and closing your eyes.

Who would want to hurt you? It didn't even make sense.

◈ ◈ ◈

"Felix told me you aced your exam last week!" Minjoo chirps excitedly as she sits next to you, nudging your arm with hers.

Your head snaps to the blonde, freckled boy sitting across from you. "Did he, now?"

Felix gives you a nervous smile, putting his hands up defensively. "I only ever repeated what Channie hyung told me."