Chapter 12

It's the scumbag from the club in Hongdae.

Just your luck running into him here.

"Daehan, I said wait up," a second, taller guy complains while jogging over. You don't recognize him, but apparently, the prick's real name was 'Daehan'.

Pfft, 'scumbag' is good enough for someone like him.

Hyunjin curiously looks to you as if expecting an explanation.

"Hey, she's the girl who clocked you at the club!" the tall boy exclaims, pointing at you. "Man, you really bruised this guy's ego that night, he made a bet with me that he'd—"

"Will you shut up, Minsoo? She obviously was too drunk," Daehan raises his voice, annoyed by his friend who's snickering at his side.

Wha- I was not drunk!

"You remember what I said before, right? About how you should treat guys that approach you?" Daehan asks condescendingly while trying to hand you his phone. "Put in your number. We can hang out this weekend."

Your hands ball into fists, and before you can make a very colorful statement that would probably make some heads turn, Hyunjin physically steps in and pushes away the hand holding out the phone. 

"Oh, my bad. You her boyfriend?" Daehan flashes an arrogant grin. "Man, I'd never let my girlfriend go out wearing such skimpy clothes, even for a club. And she hit me for no reason back then. From one guy to another, don't you think you should keep her in check?" he asks in a spiteful manner while eyeing you, obviously still full of resentment that you had refused his advances a few weeks ago.

Your eyes widen at the unbelievably sexist remark, and you're ready to push past Hyunjin to give the prick a piece of your mind.

"You're such a fucking liar," you retort with a scowl when Hyunjin suddenly grabs Daehan by his shirt. Almost immediately, that smug-ass face you wanted to slap is met with a fist—Hyunjin's fist, to be exact.

And you swear you hear something crack.

You take a step back in shock as Hyunjin goes back in to punch him again, and then again, hitting his face repeatedly.

Daehan angrily grabs ahold of Hyunjin's sweater while cursing in pain. He swings his own fist in retaliation and you flinch when he lands a hit that draws blood from the corner of Hyunjin's mouth.

"Hey- stop," you try to intervene and break the two apart, but Hyunjin's demeanor stops you from approaching him. His eyes are completely rigid and cold as he glares at the bloody mess of a face in front of him.

The friend named Minsoo jumps in, trying to pull Daehan away, but you can see Hyunjin's knuckles turning white as his grip tightens. Refusing to let go, he spits a small amount of blood off to the side before going back in with his fist yet again.

You're fairly sure Daehan's nose is now broken as blood drips from both his nostrils and mouth. It's a pretty horrendous sight. His face is contorted in undeniable pain and he's no longer fighting back or even defending himself. Minsoo continues to yell at Hyunjin to let go, and it worries you that he still shows no interest in doing so.

You step forward, carefully tugging at his arm.

"Hyunjin," you try again. "That's enough, please."

He doesn't look at you or even seem to acknowledge what you've just said. But this time, instead of throwing another punch, he abruptly pulls Daehan's collar, bringing the bloodied face close to his.

"Stay out of my sight."

With those last words, Hyunjin pushes Daehan back, finally releasing him.