Chapter Twenty Six : Go Big Or Go Home

DISCLAIMER: Okay my babies. Sigh. I hate to do this to you (I dont hehehe). Something is about to happen. Something realistic but in my time as a writer I have come to know that realism in love stories dont always make readers happy. Unfortunately, this is my story and my choice. Similar to The Void I made a choice here. Except that In The Void it was more of a possibility than anything. It is NOT a possibility here. If you think it didn't happen. Think again because it did and I'm afraid it's what I need for Yoongis character development. Please keep in mind that at this point in the story there is no hope of reconciliation for him and Haru in his mind. He is DONE and he deserves to go through his emotions and move forward as he sees fit. I'm sorry to anyone that may not be happy about what's going to occur but, that song up there is him. He's going Full Throttle 🤷🏽‍♀️ Happy-ish reading my lovies!

💜

"This is a horrible idea!" Leila hissed to the group standing with her behind the stage curtain. "Don't go out there, Haru. Please."

Harus eyes nearly popped out of her head. "What?! You said, and I quote, I have a great idea! That's what you said!"

Leila covered her eyes and groaned. "I was drunk! When have I ever had a great idea while being drunk?! Does no one here remember the edible candle idea?!"

Taehyung, standing with his hands in the pockets of his slacks, leaned back on his heels and shrugged. "I don't know. I thought the garlic butter candles were delicious."

"Yeah, you're the only one that bought them, smart guy!" She snapped.

"Speaking of which," Taehyung added. "I'm running low. Could I put an order in for a hundred?"

Leila's jaw fell open. "Why can't you just be normal, man?"

"Will you two shut up!" Haru interrupted. "What the hell am I supposed to do now?! You said this was a great idea!" She waved the yellow Manila folder in front of Leila's face.

"It was! When I was drunk, but now! Now this shit is not going to work. Abort mission! Abort mission!"

"Okay, everybody, calm down!" Namjoon stood between Haru and Leila. He took a deep breath and pinched the bridge of his nose. "They're signed?" He said to Haru, who nodded.

Of course the papers were signed. It was the only way she could get Yoongi back, and when Leila proposed the idea, there was no denying that it was Haru's only option. The right option. Everything had happened so fast. One moment, Leila was telling Haru her bright idea; the next, she was on the phone with her lawyer, asking her to set up divorce papers for a close friend; the following day, they were delivered to Haru's front door. All in less than twenty-four hours. She handed Jean the papers when he showed up during his break. The disappointment in his eyes sent a pang of guilt through her chest, but it had to be done.

"C'mon Ru," Jean pleaded, holding the papers to his side.

Haru averted her gaze and protectively crossed her arms in front of her chest. If she didn't look him in the eyes, it wouldn't feel like she was such a bitch. "I'm sorry, but please just sign them."

Jean watched her for another moment, searching, waiting, hoping for a change of mind but realizing he didn't have a choice. She didn't want this anymore; she wanted another man. Something inside him said it wouldn't end well for her, but maybe she needed to realize that on her own. Jean pulled a pen out of the inside pocket of his jacket, nodding as he placed the paper on the dining room table. "You're going to regret this, you know. He's going to wreck you." With that, he clicked the pen, signed his name on the dotted line, and pushed it across the table to Haru before storming out.