Chapter 32

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Dream

Alpha Command

A.N.

Because I keep getting writers block I made this chapter as long as I could.

The jet lag hit Nox like a truck, but being curled up next to Hotaru on the private jet made it manageable

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

The jet lag hit Nox like a truck, but being curled up next to Hotaru on the private jet made it manageable. He had half-heartedly suggested flying commercial for the sake of blending in, but Hotaru had shut that idea down fast, citing safety. He didn't push back.

Hotaru, always the workaholic, barely slept, tapping away on her laptop the whole flight which had Nox concerned. He'd tried to get her to sleep but she would for a few minutes and then get back to work. But every time he stirred, she was there, gently running her fingers through his hair, murmuring words too soft to fully register, lulling him back to sleep.

The plush seats on Hotaru's jet felt amazing, cradling him gently, easing the stiffness in his back that he hadn't even noticed was there.

Upon landing, Nox was gently nudged awake, and they exited the plane to find a sleek black SUV waiting on the runway. He scanned the faces of the men surrounding it, none familiar.

The drive felt endless, and Nox couldn't help but doze off again, the motion of the vehicle lulling him into a light sleep. By the time he woke up, they were pulling up in front of a hotel.

"H-hotel?" Nox's voice came out husky.

Hotaru was already stepping out of the SUV. "I need a change of personnel to root out the traitor, and we won't be going to my villa until it's ready," she explained, turning back to offer Nox her hand.

With a silent acceptance, he placed his hand in hers, allowing her to help him out of the car. He felt disheveled, his hair a mess, and his face probably shadowed with stubble. He probably smelled too as he hadn't had time to shower today.

The hotel's name caught his eye, and he stumbled over his words. "Aman Tokyo!" Realization dawned on him, and he quickly turned to Hotaru, a protest forming. "We don't have to stay here, it's ridiculously expensive." He knew of her wealth, but the extravagance of this choice seemed excessive.

Aman Tokyo wasn't just any hotel; it was a symbol of opulence and exclusivity, a place where the elite mingled and made decisions that could alter markets. Entry wasn't just a matter of affording the steep price; it demanded a level of societal standing that barely few possessed.

Hotaru's smile, confident and reassuring, eased his concerns. Why was it always so simple for her to calm him. "Nothing is too expensive for you. Plus, this will give us some time to relax."

Nox wasn't sure what to say. He supposed if they stayed here for awhile the stalker had no way of getting inside. Unless they were on Hotarus level of influence. As they approached the entrance, Nox noted the uniformed man who bowed to them - no membership card required. "Don't you have to show them your card?" he whispered, his curiosity piqued by this deviation from what he'd expected.