Chapter 4

His thoughts raced through his head as he sat in a meeting room

His thoughts raced through his head as he sat in a meeting room. In opposite chairs sat the two other bodyguards who were selected. The man who conducted the test sat at the end of a long table, talking.

After the test, the woman, Hotaru left and the man simply led them all into a large meeting area. During the meeting, Nox finds out the name of the man is Scar. He guessed that wasn't his real name, but he didn't bother voicing his opinion.

He had other worse things to deal with. Like the fact that he couldn't get that woman out of his mind. No matter what he thought about, she kept popping back up. It was honestly starting to annoy him. 'Stop thinking about her. She could ruin my life with the snap of her fingers.'

Nox didn't want to deal with her, people like Hotaru were trouble. They were too influential and could get away with just about anything. But it was too late to back away.

'I'll be fine.' He chanted in his head.

As Nox could make out, Scar was telling them where they'd be stationed. While he was listening, he would close his eyes every time for a moment. And his mind filled with beautiful eyes, luscious lips, and a dominant presence, and his eyes would shoot open again.

At this point, Nox wanted to bang his head on the table. He resisted, and concentrated his full attention on Scar instead.

"Hey kid," Scar suddenly calls out to Nox.

"Yes sir," he replies, confused by the nickname, but not caring that much.

Scar seemed to squint his eyes as he looked at Nox. "Well, you'll be guarding the mistress for the first eight hours, and you," He points to one of the two other men, "will be covering the last eight."

As they both nodded, the man grumbled, "Now get changed and get out. There's a car out front that will take you to the main building."

They all get up, bow, and walk out of the meeting room. Nox was ready for this job to be over and done with. As they walked, the two men in front of him start talking.

"That was insane," One sighs.

"Yeah, and did you see the Mistress and what she did to that guy? Didn't know she was that strong."

"That's a true alpha for you," He chuckles.

Nox's heart stops. "What did you just say?" He suddenly asks, causing the men to jump in fright.

They looked freaked out at the man towering over them, but the one on the left stutters, "U-Uh what?"

"You said our employer was a true alpha. Is that true?" He asks seriously.

The men both glance at each other before nodding. "Y-yeah, haven't you heard? Her family isn't exactly quiet about it."

The horror and realization dawned on Nox. He suddenly walked ahead of the men and down the hall. The lockers aren't too far away, and he spots the door. Upon entering, he immediately takes off his clothes and changes into the suit.