Chapter 6

In the descending elevator, Hotaru and Nox stand together

In the descending elevator, Hotaru and Nox stand together. Nox's back faced hers, but he could feel her eyes on his back.

It was impossible not to think back to the situation only a few minutes earlier. Why did she come to the bathroom? When she asked if he was okay, why did she actually look worried? The whole situation was strange.

While Nox scooted a little farther away from her, he hoped the elevator would soon open. He didn't even care if she noticed at this point. The elevator finally opened, revealing the first floor. Nox walked ahead, taking in everything he could see.

On their way out, the receptionist bows to Hotaru as they pass. Nox sees her driver standing next to the limo as they leave. As Nox opens the back seat door for Hotaru, he bows to her. As she climbs in, she glances at him, causing Nox to look away immediately.

Closing the door behind him, he followed her in. Sitting opposite her again, he sat down. The divider was open, and the driver got in, looking back through the window. "Where would you like to be today, mistress?" the driver asked.

Hotaru crosses her silky white legs, "The usual Harold, thank you."

Harold nods and presses a button Nox couldn't see. A divider closes, leaving Nox and Hotaru alone. Nox decided to use this time to study the entire building more. As he unfolds half the paper, he gazes at the floor on the fiftieth floor.

He ignores Hotaru's occasional stares as he concentrates on the paper.

♦♦♦

Time Skip

The divider window suddenly slides open. "We're here mistress," Harold announces.

Nox looks up, seeing Hotaru getting out of the car. He hurries, putting the papers away and climbing out of the car.

When Nox exits, the first thing he sees is a "Cat cafe?" Nox mutters out loud, confused. Seeing that Hotaru was already walking toward the door, he quickly followed her.

This was definitely not where Nox thought she'd go. They enter the cafe, and Nox stiffens.

.

.

.

.

Cats, fluffy and adorable cats everywhere. "Welcome!" A cheery voice exclaims. Nox looks away from the adorable cats to see a woman. Her hair was blonde and her eyes were blue. She carried a notepad and wore a maid outfit.

"Table for two?" She asks, tilting her head.

When Nox opened his mouth to say no, Hotaru surprised him by saying, "Yes." Nox turns his head to look at the woman in question, but she doesn't meet his gaze. The maid smiled, "Great! Come with me." She walked them to a seat by the window. They passed a bunch of cats on the way. They all approached Nox and rubbed up against him.