Chapter 16 [M]

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Dream

Alpha Command

3 Days Later

Nox wanted to disappear at this very moment. He couldn't understand how he'd gotten himself into this situation. Why did he say yes?

Hotaru was tying her hair into a ponytail. But it wasn't the reason he wanted to disappear. She was dressed in silky, tight pajamas.

They embraced her entire body, her slender, curvy figure.

'Fuck', Nox groaned internally. Realizing he was staring as well, he looked away.

He was presently sitting on the bed. He was reading when Hotaru entered the room, having just gotten out of the shower. Her blissful scent filled the entire room.

To put it simply, Nox had lost interest in the book.

The last several days have been a horrific paradise. Every day, they ate breakfast, spoke briefly, and slept together. It was both wonderful and terrible.

Her aroma was suddenly everywhere, and Nox's omega cravings were intensifying.

To his astonishment, Hotaru hadn't done anything. She was extremely respectful, not only of his home but also of his pets.

His pets also appeared to adore her. Which left Nox conflicted: if they trusted her, couldn't he?

No. Why should he? They'd be out of one other's lives once the stalker was apprehended. It didn't make a difference.

Nox has spent the last few days investigating his dilemma. He'd discovered a supplier specializing in omega pharmaceuticals a couple of hours away. The only problem was that he couldn't leave Hotaru alone.

He could. He just didn't want to because of his stupid good conscious.

But he also couldn't let her stop him from fixing this problem. Whatever was changing in him was acting fast. Soon it could be unreversible.

Hotaru's weight shifting into the bed caught Nox's attention. He snuck a side eye to see her staring right at him.

He quickly looked away.

"Everything alright?" She asks.

Suddenly not being able to speak, he nods.

"Well, I wanted you to know I haven't gotten any updates from the police. I apologize but I may have to stay longer." She explains.

Nox loathed how he didn't detest that she would stay longer.

"It's fine." He mutters, closing his forgotten book and placing it on the nightstand.

"Thank you, Nox." She smiles. "Your very kind you know, you have every right to kick me out. But you don't. I appreciate it more than you know."

Nox turns his head from her to hide his blush.