Chapter 12 [M]

Hotaru POV

Hotaru POV

10 minutes earlier.

While talking on the walkie talkie with the other bodyguard, Hotaru locked her gaze on Nox. Hotaru had tried everything she could to calm down and hide her rage. He came in smelling like someone else! She couldn't possibly be happy.

It was none of her business, her logical and human side told her.

She couldn't be mad at Nox for sleeping with an omega as he was simply her bodyguard. She technically had no claim over him.

Her possessive and alpha side, on the other hand, was enraged. It wanted to scream and punch everybody who touched him. It also wanted to punish Nox and prove to him that he was hers!

But Hotaru was under control, and she could rein in her alpha side.

Nox finishes his conversation and tells her about the situation. Hotaru was still enraged, but she couldn't pass up this chance.

She had suggested he bodyguard her house. He'd be even closer to her this way. Hotaru couldn't waste time seducing him now that she had competition.

Hotaru was concerned because he kept declining. Did he really love whoever he had slept with? She couldn't bear thinking about him being with someone else. The thought of his smiling at someone else while she hadn't yet seen it, made her sad as well as angry.

Hotaru was stunned to learn that his refusal was due to the fact that he had pets.

When Hotaru questioned if he had a partner, Nox surprised her again by saying no. What was going on? How could Nox be without a mate despite his overwhelming scent? Only by mating with an omega would he be able to have such a scent. Even then, it wouldn't be as powerful as it was.

When the other bodyguard arrived and informed Nox that Toru had called him, she stood there watching him leave, her mind racing with more thoughts than before. She even asked Shin whether he smelled Nox, just to make sure she wasn't hallucinating. When even Shin said he could smell it, Hotaru knew something was wrong.

♦♦♦

Hotaru sat down at her computer, urgently attempting to figure out what had occurred. She wasn't used to being so confused, and wasn't exactly sure what she needed to figure out.

Nox didn't have a scent, she didn't know why, but he didn't have one. He goes home for a day and then returns with the aroma of omegas in heat? He couldn't get a scent like that by sleeping with an omega, even ten of them.

Something on her laptop catches her eye just as she was thinking. She had her security feed open since she likes to keep an eye on what was going on, especially since she still had a stalker. She immediately notices Nox speeding down the corridor.

She could see clear as day on his face— he was scared, terrified even. He looked panicked and even through a screen, Hotaru could tell his breathing was uneven.