Chapter 9

Nox's heart beats loudly in his ear as he speeds walk through the building

Nox's heart beats loudly in his ear as he speeds walk through the building. His mind felt scrambled as if still trying to figure out what the fuck just happened, and more importantly why he reacted the way he did.

As much as he tried to scold himself for breaking the character that was second nature to him. He was more confused then angry at himself.

'I-I still don't understand. Why did she do that?' Nox ponders. His panic hadn't subsided yet and the moment was still fresh in his mind. Hotaru, slowly raising her beautiful slender hands— brushing again his lip.

Nox had never allowed anyone to touch him before. Anyone elses touch made him feel wrong and uncomfortable, and if she was someone else he definitely would have hurt her. But Hotaru— her touch was so warm and gentle. Nothing he'd ever experienced before.

Nox didn't even realize he'd stopped walking. Or that he was brushing his index finger across his lips, almost still feeling her warm touch.

"Nox?" A familiar voice calls out.

Nox immediately snaps from his stupper. His expression hardens and he scrunched his face, glaring at the man in front of him. Although his face was stone cold, inside Nox was freaking out. He was careless! What if he saw him?

♦♦♦

3 Minutes Earlier

Toru yawns with a hand in his pocket as he walked down the hallway. He was tired and wanted to take a nap, but it was his job to make sure others were doing their job. Toru works under Hotaru and Fang works for him.

Most of the time Fang would be walking around, but he had some family issues. Leading Toru to do it instead. He passes a hallway and sees a tall figure in the corner of his eye. He stops and looks into the hallway.

A cheshire grin makes its way on his face realizing that it was Nox.

"Might as well have fun. Walking around here is boring as hell." He shrugs, making his way to Nox.

As he got closer Toru started to slowed down and his face furrowed in confusion. Nox was just standing there. He looked so lost in thought, and the expression on his face— Toru had never seen this emotion on Nox before.

It was strange. He looked completely oblivious and vulnerable to everything around him.

"Nox?" Toru called out. Becoming concerned. He'd never seen Nox like this before.

Like a light switch, Toru watched as Nox's expression changed. His posture stiffened and his familiar deadly glare was aimed right at him.

The sudden change was so surprising Toru didn't speak for a second.