Chapter 5

A black limousine pulled up in front of a large building

A black limousine pulled up in front of a large building. This building was taller than the one they had just left.

Nox wondered just how many buildings the woman owned. A man opened the door and bowed to Nox. Hotaru stepped out and entered the building. Nox exits the car and levels his suit, wondering if he was supposed to follow her.

He straightens himself up and looks at Nox. "My name is Hoshino. I am here to show you around the building."

"What about the other two men?" He asks.

Hoshino tilted his head slightly, before smiling. "Oh, Shin and Koji? A different person is showing them around. They will be coming later."

What Nox didn't understand was why he couldn't just wait so they could all get a tour together. It seemed weird to wait and have to tour everyone again. Looking at the building, it was tall and huge, it would take a long time to tour it all.

"I don't need a tour." He says, looking back at Hoshino.

He blinks, surprised, "B-but sir my order-"

Nox holds up his hand, "I just need an empty office and the schematics of the building." He needed to get familiar with every room, every vent, and every crevice of the building. Continuously walking wouldn't allow him to do that. He had to understand the underlying principles of the building. Every weak point had to be identified.

The man gulps, "I think our mechanic should have it. I just need to give her a call."

Nox nods.

"And I think we have an office you can use. Follow me." He walks forward to the entrance.

♦♦♦

Hoshino turned the knob of a door on the 100th floor. Surprisingly, they were the only ones going up this floor in the elevator. Nox figured that because the building was so big, there would be plenty of empty rooms on the lower floors.

A part of him wanted to ask why there was only an empty office on the highest floor- but he restrained himself. 'I'm thinking too much,' He told himself.

Although the office was small, it was incredibly beautiful. The desk was right next to a giant window that provided a view of the city below. Hoshino says, "This office has never been occupied.".

"Why?" Nox asks before he could stop himself.

He rubs his neck, "Well it's close to the boss's office, and no one dared to ask for it."

Nox wanted to facepalm. "There aren't any other offices?"

Hoshino smiles apologetically, "No sir."

He nods and walks over to the desk. He unbuttons his suit and sits down.

The doors suddenly swung open. A striking woman with brown hair and black eyes stood in front of the door. "I'm here! I'm so sorry Hoshino, I forgot which cabinet-" Her hand was pushing her hair behind her ear as she held a cylindrical container against her chest.