chapter 33 greg's new fan

Start from the beginning

"So, since you're the one responsible for all this new fame and your money, what should my next album be about?", Greg asked lapis, winking at her. "Maybe you can do an album about each gem you know?", she suggested, Greg laughed at this, "I've got about 3 whole albums about blue over here and about 4 songs about pearl already!", he said pulling out some of his other albums to show her. "I gotta get new ideas, maybe you guys can take me on more of your space adventures and let me meet more gems?", he turned to blue, hoping his old universe charm would convince her to take him around space in her ship again.

"But dad, I thought you just wanted a more normal life in the carwash that's what you always told me?", Steven asked, pearl quietly agreed with him, "schtu-ball you don't understand, this is making me a lot of money!", Greg explained, but Steven just looked at his dad disappointingly, "you said money doesn't matter when living a happy life, what's going on!?", he asked, more frustrated. "Yeah, I remember you saying that too, and won't just making albums for money get rid of all your old passion?", blue said, joining in with Steven and remembering all her memories of greg talking about his love for music. this angered Greg, "what do you know!? You're just some alien!", he said, as she stormed out to go back to his van.

"What the...", lapis said under her breath, as Steven and blue ran out to find him, pearl stood next to lapis and spoke to her. "I told you, that Mr universe is a two faced manipulator, he controlls my diamond's heart", she wispered to her, lapis had many questions, mostly involving how that man controlled her diamond. "I don't get it, what does blue see in that human!?", she asked, pearl took a deep breath and looked to the floor before answering. "When pink diamond died, blue was so lonely and sad, he found her and took advantage of it, she started to lust after him and he used it as a weapon", pearl explained, her eyes filling with tears as she spoke.

Before Greg could drive away Steven jumped in front of the van and summoned his scythe, "DAD WHAT'S GOING ON!?", he yelled, walking close to the front of the van, blue flew down next to steven not long after. Greg rolled down the car windows and stuck his head out, yelling "You both don't understand, I need this money! I can have all my life figured out with this!", "don't you have that already!?", blue asked, "I TOLD YOU! YOU WONT UNDERSTAND!", he yelled back at her.

Steven was so mad and confused at what was going on, his dad just freaked out all of a sudden, it was like his mother's meltdowns but the roles are reversed. "Could you at least explain to me why?", blue said, her voice much calmer and quieter than before. "Fine", Greg huffed, opening the back doors and letting blue in, he didn't let Steven in and told him to go home, much to blue's protest.

"With this money, I can have everything in life and steven can have his whole future planned!", Greg told blue, his voice and eyes filled with wonder and excitement for the future, "if Steven lives a normal life here, we won't need to worry about nothing!", he exclaimed, holding blue's hand. "I think he wants to live as a diamond", blue said, looking down at Greg's hand on hers, "but I understand, why didn't you tell me that earlier?".

Greg looked back, now embarrassed at his behaviour, "it's just, this tour had been very stressful as its been the first in a while and because...because I met someone very important to me", blue looked up to him, her eyes wide, "who?", she asked. Greg became worried, oh no he's now done it, if she freezes she's reading his mind! "Erm...one of my first fans...", he studdered, this seemed to have worked as blue's interest quickly vanished and he took a deep breath of relief, he needed to make sure this was never brought up again and he knew he could do something that would get blue's mind of all of this.

"So, for forgiving me for my behaviour just then and for making me look younger for my concert I want to thank you, my diamond", Greg said, winking and blue and starting to take his shirt off, he knew she would always freak out when he called her his diamond, her face had already gone purple. "How will you?", blue asked, clueless, it would be funny if it didn't ruin his flirting attempts. Greg rolled his eyes, "are you playing with me? Because it's not funny", he said but blue still looked clueless so Greg had to resolve to doing this more direct, "Do you wanna see the old universe charm!", he said, this seemed to work as she slightly nodded.

Steven walked home, scared and sad, as he opened the door her overheard pearl saying something to lapis about his mother, it was probably them praising her for her diamond work, nothing important. He walked to his bedroom in silence, not reacting to the gem's greeting him. He got dressed for bed and laid down, trying to sleep but couldn't. He looked out the large window next to his bed, he could see his dad's van then...BOOM. Blue diamond ran out the van, holding a guitar and yelling "I THOUGHT YOU WANTED TO PLAY MUSIC!!" while Greg, who seemed to be only wearing a bed sheet covering over himself was apologising profusely.

Blue ran into the house, still holding the guitar and looking embarrassed, then calmed herself down and went to see Steven. "Hey there", she said, walking into Steven's room to greet him, "everything is OK now! Dad is fine!", she said, Steven pointed to the window and said, "what was that!?", blue looked out the window and saw the van, she saw Greg, now clothed being chased by durgy and hiding back in the van, Steven must've seen the entire, "incident".

"Oh that...erm well", blue laughed, becoming embarrassed and turning purple, "I learned today that I don't know what the old universe charm actually means and I was wrong", she confessed. "Wait isn't that when my dad would play the guitar shirtless and girls would scream?", Steven asked, "that's what I thought it was, turns out I was wrong", blue laughed, stroking her son's hair and kissing him goodnight "now I'm gonna go to bed, forget this ever happened!", she said, closing the door and leaving Steven for the night.