To Death Do Us Part 2

Betrayed and Broken

Alya ended up in the hospital, as well as Lila and half the other class. The parents decided not to sue, but they did press charges. Marinette, with help from security camera evidence, had enough evidence of assault, as well as destruction of property, to get away free. This was until Lila started claiming more stuff; it hurt Mari more as the entirety of the class backed her claims up as witnesses. Mari was arrested; she smiled as she sat there in the cell, waiting and waiting. Her parents were informed once she had been pinned by 2 officers and cuffed after the punching incident. They were shocked; they knew that Mari had changed. They had both agreed she changed for the worse. As they spoke, Sabine called an old friend, asking and wondering if she could send Mari to live with them. She smiled and agreed that she and Tom would send her up instantly.

Mari smiled and waited as she was released from her holding cell. She hopped into her parents' car. As she did, they told her, "Mari, me and your father are sending you up to live with an old friend in America. They have been informed you are violent and a liar. I'm sorry to say we expected much, much more from you." They continued to lecture the poor girl constantly in a tone that conveyed disappointment.

The day of her sending off had arrived. Mari had already found and bought a small apartment on the safer side of the city she was getting dumped in. She smirked when she saw that it was none other than Gotham. As she opened a safe that she had locked the miraculous in, she opened it and slowly pulled out a set of glasses. As she managed to put all her stuff into the apartment, she packed a small single suitcase and put it near her trapdoor. As she did, her phone beeped as an Akuma formed. She groaned as Tiki popped out of somewhere and shouted, "MARI, LET'S GO!" As Mari got to her feet, she transformed and went off to fight something. As she reached the damage zone, she looked confused as all over were people stuck in ice gelato and jam. As she looked around, she saw the floating drink thing. As she threw her yo-yo over, swinging into the fight, she saw the Akuma, who looked like a very big milkshake. She ran toward the enemy, who started shooting all the jams anyone could think of. As she managed to subdue the metal cup-shaped villain, a black cat appeared. He spoke in a light, airy tone, "So, m'lady, care to go on a date?" As Marinette, as Ladybug, looked at the alley cat, she smirked and replied in a sultry tone, "Oh, cat, yes, I would love to go on a date." As she slowly walked toward him, Cat looked giddy with anticipation. As he walked toward his "m'lady," wrapping her arms around the alley cat, she slipped his ring off, and he fell back. She looked revolted at the person she saw under the mask, the young Agreste, a stupid blond who saw the world through rose-tinted glasses. Adrien looked shocked as his face turned angry. He pulled out a knife and rushed to stab her. As she tied the young child up, she went and grabbed the Akuma and proceeded to destroy and fix all the damage that had been caused.

Agreste fell, tumbling down onto the ground, lying in a pool of his crimson blood. As she watched, the ladybugs started to fly all around, healing him. She put the silver ring onto her finger.

Marinette sailed across the rooftops and landed on her balcony. She slid down the brick wall, tears falling from her bright bluebell eyes.