48. The Lion King

"Lion King again?"

Aaryan rolled his eyes playfully as soon as he heard the very familiar BGM arise from his laptop which was rented to Agasthya because the boy was bored and needed a movie date with his brother.

"Oh come on... You love it as much as I do..."
Said Agasthya.

"I like it, I agree. But I watch it again and again just because you force me to, let's not forget that."

Agasthya giggled as he snatched the popcorn from his brother's hand. It didn't contain much flavour because of his strict diet but it wasn't the worst thing to consume.  Not for someone who survived on just dry bread and water for weeks.

Aaryan looked at his little brother as the latter enjoyed the movie. He was aware of the things Agasthya shared with Anirudh the last night. Anirudh was so scared and confused and Aaryan wouldn't blame him.

Agasthya has changed a lot. He was so calm and quiet and Aaryan knew it wasn't just the tiredness from the prescriptions. Sure he missed the loud chirpy boy who wouldn't let anyone in the house be in peace for even a second but he loves the new version a bit more, if it is possible.

His little brother is a fighter. Aaryan was so proud of him and how strong he became. He just wanted to make sure Agasthya knew that too.

"August..." murmured Aaryan as he held the boy closer to him.

"I love you so much... And I am so grateful that you are back."

Agasthya smiled as he rested his head on his brother's shoulder, his eyes never leaving the movie screen.

"I know bhaiya... Thank you."

Aaryan was assigned to ask about Agasthya's yesterday's sudden outburst but he didn't want this moment to end.

He had Agasthya in his hold, safe and sound. Life seems a bit peaceful after tons of storms. According to Aaryan, it was perfection.

"Bhaiya... Remember the time we fought for the TV remote and Ani bhaiya scolded you and I won?"
Agasthya asked, his eyes shining.

Aaryan chuckled as memories flooded his mind.

"He is younger Aaryan... Adjust..." He mocked Anirudh's words making Agasthya burst into giggles.

"Oh, August... I can't wait to do that again with you little wrestler. "

"Haha... We don't have to. Now that I am 18, Ani Bhaiya said I can have my own laptop. Have to wait until I get better."

That's when Aaryan remembered Agasthya's birthday which he had to spend in misery. And about the gift which he couldn't give him.

"Wait August... Your birthday present is in my room. Let me grab it for you..."

Aaryan was about to jump out of bed but Agasthya held him tight.

"Stay here bhaiya... Please..."

Aaryan sighed and kissed Agasthya's head.
"As you wish."

"I missed you all so much that day bhaiya... Worst birthday ever."

"We can still have a party if you want..."

"But it's not the same... I had one birthday to spend with you all and it got ruined."

"Yeah, I agree but don't be sad. You lost one but plenty is coming around. We will celebrate all your birthdays as if you just turned 18, even if you are 88."

Agasthya pouted. "I will be old then..."

"So do I."

"But Ani bhaiya is already old."