5. The Logo

"Agasthya... Where are you?"

Aaryan yelled at the top of his voice.

He was running throughout the house and searching for his stepbrother.

Anirudh was really shocked. He couldn't digest the sudden change happened to Aaryan. But he also searched for Agasthya with him.

"Aary... Let us move to the upstairs... He may be in his room..."

Before Anirudh could complete, Aaryan climbed the steps running.

Anirudh also ran behind him. He switch on the lights and entered into Agasthya's room.

Aaryan was standing at the door, staring at a corner. Anirudh's eyes also followed his brother's.

"Agasthya..." He whispered and walked towards him with slow steps.

Agasthya was sitting on the floor. He was covering his head by both of his hands.

"Agasthya..."

Anirudh sat near him and slowly touched on his hand. But Agasthya moved away from him with out raising his face.

Anirudh glared at him. He was shivering like a leaf... His shirt was totally wet with sweat.

"Agasthya... Look here..." Said Anirudh patting on his shoulder.

Agasthya tried to push him away with maximum strength but Anirudh expected the same. So he hold both his hands forcefully.

"Don't kill me... Don't kill me... "

"Agasthya look at my face..."

"Don't kill me... Please..."

Anirudh sighed. He had no other choice. He has to recall Agasthya from that shock as soon as possible otherwise it may lead him to a panic attack.

So he slapped on his cheek.

"Aaaaaaahh..." Agasthya screamed in pain. His wounded lips again started to bleed.

Anirudh embraced him closely and patted on his back with a rhythm.

Agasthya's breathing pattern slowly became normal... His heart beats also slowly matched with that of Anirudh's.

He started to weep holding Anirudh's shirt collar tightly.

Anirudh covered him with his one hand and checked his bleeding lips with the other.

There were several fingermarks on his cheeks. There were some scratchs on his hands. But more than it there was clear red mark on his neck.

"Agasthya... What happened?"

Agasthya raised his face slowly. His eyes were red and they reflected the fear.

"I am here... No one will harm you... Relax..."

Agasthya coughed. The blood in his body was flowing with such a pace so that he felt his nerves getting pierced.

"They were here..." He said with great difficulty... His head was spinning.

"Who...?"

"They..." He murmured before falling into Anirudh's hands being unconscious.

"Ani... Take him to the hospital..." Cried Aaryan who was standing numb till that moment.

"Yes... Fast..."

********************

Aaryan looked at Anirudh who was speaking with the doctor. He didn't tell anything yet, and he had no idea about how to reveal it to his brother. He was guilty for his deeds.

"How is he... Doctor? Is there any harm?"

Asked Anirudh in a shaking voice. Agasthya's safety was his responsibility.

"He is ok now... There were no major injuries. But we have to keep him under observation for 24 hours..."

"Ok... Thank you."

Anirudh came back and sat near Aaryan.

"Ani... I am sorry..."

Anirudh stared Aaryan with widened eyes.

"Why are you apologizing?"

"Because... I am the reason for this all..."
Aaryan explained everything to him expecting his anger.

But Anirudh didn't scold him.

"It is not your fault... Even if I was at your place instead, I would have done the samething and the same would have happened...I too may have ignored those..."

Aaryan rested his head on the wall and closed his eyes.

'It is my fault... I know...'

********************

The time was almost 1.AM and Aaryan was sleeping in his sitting position.

Anirudh couldn't close his eyes even once. He slowly stood up from the chair and walked towards the side window of the hospital.

The night was terribly calm... There were no sounds...

With shivering hands he picked his mobile from his pocket and opened the inbox.

In between his job related texts and junks there were five unread messages.

He opened all of them and read it.

The oneliners seemed like warnings. It was enough to generate fear in one's mind, and the same thing happened to Agasthya.

Anirudh was never afraid, but he was confused...

He was confused on a symbol which was texted below all of them. It was very small to get noticed, but Anirudh's powerful and alert eyes caught it.

He was sure that he is familiar with it. He tried his best to dig into his memories to find the source.

It was a logo... A logo of four men.

"I had seen it some where

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"I had seen it some where... But..."

Anirudh glared at the logo again for a conformation.

He wished to yell... The picture of a 10 year old boy who was staring at his father's running figure through the half opened window rushed into his mind.

From which he always tried to run away, from which he always tried to shield his brother... Now it is very close to him...

Not only to him... But close to his brother Aaryan and to Agasthya also...

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"I GUESS NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY, YOU CAN'T ESCAPE YOUR PAST "

- JOEL OSTEEN

👣 👣 👣 👣 👣