27. The Past

Recap

Anirudh gasped. Everything otherthan the company name and the slogan was present earlier. But he missed it.

"They were four... Not two..."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Where did they go, Bhabi?"
Asked Agasthya again while Meghna sighed.

"I don't know, August..."

"I hope you are not lying bhabi..."
Agasthya whispered looking at the door.

Meghna faked a smile. She was very tensed. Anirudh told her that they are going to meet Simran and strictly warned her to keep it as a secret from Agasthya. So she had no choice otherthan a lie.

Agasthya was biting his nails and glaring at the door without blinking his eyes.

Meghna felt guilty. Anirudh told her that it was just a matter of one or two hours and she was sure that he won't go too far leaving Agasthya alone with her. So they believed that she can mask Aaryan and Anirudh's absence for this short period of time without getting noticed by Agasthya.

But they were wrong. Just few minutes after they left Agasthya started to asking her about them. He even searched the whole house expecting that it was a prank from Aaryan.

"Don't over think and don't get tensed, Agasthya... They will be back soon..."

"I am not tensed bhabi... But I always feel insecure whenever I couldn't find either one of them with me..."

"It's ok dear..." Said Meghna cupping his face.

Agasthya nodded but next second Meghna witnessed his eyes being wide in shock.

"Bhaiya..."

Meghna turned her head in jerk. She also gasped when she saw Anirudh and Aaryan standing there with Simran.

Blood stains were clear in their dress.

"What happened?"
She screamed while running towards Aaryan.

There was a clear fresh cut on his palm, from which blood dropped in a rhythm making a small red pool on the floor.

Meghna removed the clothe with which Aaryan covered his wound. It was larger than she expected.

"Sit here..." Meghna forced Aaryan and started to clean and dress his wound with the medicine and cotton brought by Anirudh.

"It didn't cut any of my major nerves bhabi..."

Meghna gave him a stern look. "How do you know that? Are you a doctor?"

"Otherwise I would have died already..." Said Aaryan with a small smirk and got a slap from Meghna as reward.

"Jokes sometimes do reverse effect Aaryan..." Said Anirudh while spraying antiseptics on small scratches which he had in his hand.

"What happened actually?" Meghna again asked in fear.

"Nothing... We had a meet up with Akash Malhotra..."