40. Family

"Hey, Agasthya..."

Agasthya's eyes started to glow up when he heard her voice addressing his name.

"Hi

"Hi..." He smiled widely without masking his excitement.
"I thought you won't come today..."

"Oh... Jiju was at home yesterday... Don't know why but he didn't go out yesterday."

"Hmm..." Agasthya sighed. The mention of Diya's Jiju that is Varun's name was well enough to disturb him like anything.

Diya narrowed her eyes sensing the change in his mood. It's true that they are familiar with each other only for the last 4 days but she would say that Agasthya is the most naive as well as very sincere person one could ever meet.

"It's ok..." She said waving her hands.
"I am not gonna talk about him... Leave it..."

Agasthya bit his tongue being embarrassed. He doesn't know why but the girl in front of him always read his emotions effortlessly. She told him that he is too innocent to hide his feelings, but Agasthya wasn't convinced by that.

"I am not afraid of him..."
Stated Agasthya keeping his head high pretending to be brave. But Diya simply ruined his 'Oscar level' drama with a hearty laugh.

"This is not fair yaar..."
Frowned Agasthya making her giggle more loudly.

In his 'not soo smooth' 18 years on Earth, according to Agasthya life is nothing but a synonym for the word 'Unpredictable'. Whenever he feels that he is lost in the ultimate misery, Destiny gifts him the best way to get rid of it. Just like he got his brothers after losing his father. In the same way, whenever he started to enjoy his life it snatches all the happiness away from him and again leaves him alone in the darkness.

If existence is a circle of joy and grief, then Agasthya must point out Diya as the reason for his survival in that prison.

She was like the morning sun rays, warm and elegant... Touching the deepest ice-cold despairs of his soul, and make them vanish just like a magic...

Different from other teenagers Agasthya never had a person who could be called as a friend, other than his father and brothers. But within this short period, Diya became his first, only and best friend.

She taught him to keep the hopes, see the best even in the worst, and believe in the charm of life.

"Hmm... Can I ask you something?"
Whispered Agasthya avoiding an eye contact while Diya frowned a little.

"You can, I guess..."

"Don't take it wrong but... Why did your sister choose Varun? How could she love him?"

"What do you mean?"
Diya yelled at him first, but immediately explained herself so that Agasthya won't feel too bad.
"You can't say like that... That's disrespectful."