10. A Help

Anirudh was standing at the window of a coffee shop waiting for Meghna's arrival. He was confused and restless because of her call... He asked her several times but she wasn't ready to reveal anything through the phone. So they decided to meet.

"Mr. Anirudh Thakur..."

Anirudh turned back to see Meghna standing there.

Meghna gasped. The sight of his large green eyes gave her a shiver. They were filled with pain, surprise, love, agony...

They were the most beautiful and expressive eyes she had ever seen...

"Doctor... What is the matter?" She heard his sound as if in a dream.

"Doctor Meghna..."

With a jerk Meghna came out from the trance.

"I don't know my decision is right or wrong, Anirudh... And I..."

Meghna couldn't complete her words... She was a bit afraid of Anirudh's reaction.

Anirudh smiled at her nervousness and invited her to sit at the table and have a cup of coffee.

Meghna took a deep breath. His calmness gave her courage...

"Yesterday, for the first time our hospital failed to keep the privacy of our patients..." She narrated each and every incidents to him.

Anirudh sighed. He never expected this... But at the same time he wasn't surprised. He was well aware of his enemy, Simran.

'She is really smart... And her decisions are very quick...'

"I didn't inform your brother's case either the police or the hospital head... I felt it will be better if I inform you first..."

"Thank you doctor... You did the right thing..." Said Anirudh and stood up from the chair and walked from there.

"One second..." Meghna stopped him.

"How is Agasthya?"

"Fine... He is completely alright now..."

"Are you sure? " asked Meghna.

Anirudh's smile reduced immediately. He again returned to the table and sat opposite to her.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I asked you about his mental condition and feelings... Not physical health..."

Anirudh glared her with shock. He never thought that Meghna could understand Agasthya's stress and pain.

Meghna smiled. " I know you are not interested to reveal your personal matters to anyone. I am sorry, but I can't stop my self from asking this question... Why do you hate him? "

"Who told you that I hate him... Agasthya?" Asked Anirudh with a crumbling voice.

"Agasthya never told me but I sensed his grief... Your ignorance and hate killing him from inside... Why can't you understand?"

Anirudh sighed. He was rude... But he had a reason...

"I saw fear in his eyes when he talked about you... How could you behave in this way to your baby brother?"

"He is not my real brother... He is my father's son... Illegitimate son..." Anirudh replied in a low voice.

Meghna smiled. "Does that mean you have to hate him?"

Anirudh felt a bang on his heart. Her question pierced his soul.

"Then what should I do? My father cheated my mother. He left my mother, me and Aaryan for his illegitimate son... I was just 10 years old at that time... I still remember how my mother struggled to rise both of us... I still remember how the society questioned her about my father's sudden departure... I still remember that sleepless nights..."
Anirudh chocked. He was breaking down, completely...

"Are you ok?" Meghna asked.

Anirudh wiped his tears. "I am sorry..."

"I can understand your feelings... But Agasthya did nothing... How could we blame him?"

"I know... The fault is my father's only... But... I can't forgive Agasthya... He had his father with him... I lost mine for him..."

Meghna nodded her head. " You are correct... He had his father... But no one else... "

Anirudh raised his eyebrows. He remembered Agasthya's sorrow when he asked him about his mother.

"How can you say that? " He asked.

"I am really surprised Anirudh... I can't believe that you know nothing about him... Why didn't you try to speak with him even once?"

Anirudh closed his eyes. He felt that he was wrong. But now it is really late... Now he had no time for it...

"He has a past Anirudh... A past from which he tries to run away..."

Anirudh felt a shock passing through his nerves.
'Agasthya's past... It may help me to solve all this riddles... If not all, at least some of them...' He thought.

But he felt helplessness also. Agasthya won't be ready to reveal anything to him.

"He won't talk to me... I think he won't share this all with Aaryan too..."

Anirudh looked Meghna. She was the only person in this world who can help him in this case.

"Can you help me?"

Meghna couldn't believe what she heard.

"How?"

"If you could understand him this much with some hours, you can defiantly be his friend... Please..."

From Anirudh's plead Meghna felt that there is something more about the life of these three brothers... Something Anirudh continuously trying to mask from everyone...

Even though her brain warned her not to be a part of their life she decided to help him.

She felt Agasthya as her own little brother...

"I am really sorry for behaving rudly at the hospital... Forgive me... I was in a terrible mood at that time..." Said Anirudh.

Meghna again stared at his green teary eyes... She felt her soul being trapped in it... She can't reject him.

"I will help you..." She said.

Anirudh smiled. "Thank you..."

******************

"Doctor!"

Exclaimed Aaryan.

"Call me Meghna, Aaryan... That is my name..." She said with a smrik.

"She is here to check Agasthya..." Said Anirudh entering the house.

"Oh ok... He is in his room..." Said Aaryan pointing his finger towards Agasthya's room.

"I will talk with him alone..." Meghna walked towards the room.

"So... Ani... What should I guess from this all..." Aaryan asked Anirudh with a mischievous grin.

"What?"

"First you fought with her in the hospital... Now she came to our house in your own car... I think she made you fall in love with her..."

Anirudh gave a death glare instead of a reply while Aaryan laughed.

"Leave it my brother... I was just kidding..." Said Aaryan patting on Anirudh's shoulder.

Anirudh sighed.

He can't fall for her now... No matter he wishes or not...But he can't...